2

Lena smiled to herself. Pretty. Kara thought she was pretty. The green eyed woman turned to face the alien and stopped walking. Kara cocked an eyebrow but stopped walking as well.

"Sorry, but, can we sit?" Lena asked taking her bottom lip between her teeth.

"Right here? In the grass?" Kara responded with an amused voice.

"You dare to question my logic?" She joked, letting a small giggle out. Lena took off her heels and lowered herself to sit in the grass.

"Yes, yes I do." Kara also laughed but followed suit, sitting beside the CEO.

"I haven't had time to breathe for a while, this is nice." She admitted to the Kryptonian, taking in everything around her.

"Me neither. Its always work, decent articles that never please my boss, flying around," Lena's head snapped in Kara's direction with a quizzical look. "On buses... Life has just been hectic. Except with you."

"Flying buses, and it's easy with me? You sound crazy." Lena laughed and shook her her head.

"But it is easy with you. You're an understanding friend, someone I can relate to. I don't necessarily feel like I need to be anyone else around you. I don't know, you don't have standards and expectations with me." She admitted not once looking at Lena.

"Huh, well that's a first. But, I'm glad you feel that way, Kara." Lena let out a sigh. She was feeling so weird. She felt like holding her hand, and hugging her longer, spending everyday like this.

"How do you feel about me?" The words shocked Lena to the point where she choked on air.

"W-What?" She stuttered.

"I mean, am I like I safe place for you?"

"Um, well, I suppose you could say that. You saw how it was when my mother walked in. We were hugging one moment, then the next I looked at you as if you were a stranger. You're my only friend, and even if you weren't, you'd be my favorite. I don't have as many walls up when I'm with you. I don't have to be her, I don't have to be that business woman that the Luthor's raised. I'm just, Lena. That's what I love most about the time I spend around or with you, I can laugh without feeling odd, I can joke around and not be looked at like a disgrace, I can try and fail with you, and you won't shun me." Lena just stared at the ground and pulled out blades of grass.

Kara's hand rested on hers, causing her to come to a dead stop in any movement; even breathing. "I'm happy we can be friends who are a home for each other."

Lena exhaled and stood up quickly. Home. She'd never had one of those. Kara being home. She'd always known that home wasn't four walls and a roof, it was two eyes and a heart beat. But, was that heartbeat Kara? The blonde stood up as well and looked at her, concern etched across her face.

"I um, I need to go. I just remembered I have some things I need to take care of and see what my mother wanted. I can avoid her as long as I wish, but she'll still be there waiting." She rushed away as she put her black high heels back on.

"Oh, um, of course. Yeah." Kara didn't know why she felt a small pang of hurt in her chest. But, she tried her best to ignore it. "So, we're still on for dinner tonight, right?" She flashed pleading blue eyes towards Lena.

"Uh, yes. I wouldn't dream of anything else. I'm sorry. Bye Kara." She forced a smile and quickly started back to L-Corp.

We're only friends. Nothing more. Never anything more. Just friends, Lena thought to herself. She couldn't possibly have any feelings for the reporter now, could she?