☆|five

Yay! Update.

"So basically, you need to distribute the subjects you need to take to be eligible for your major over the four years. What are you planning on majoring in, by the way?"

He looked up from the big blue book set on the desk in front of him and his hazel eyes fell on her quivering form.

She bit on the inside of her cheek. "I haven't really figured that out quite yet."

His face broke into a soft laugh. "Well, that's totally normal. You can start with some of the obligatory subjects, you know, the ones that go with all majors."

He picked up the pencil and started to scribble on the empty page of her notebook.

"See, there's English, the second language, PE, algebra and trigonometry, law and history," He explained while writing the words on the paper. "You could still pick world history if you're more interested in that."

"Do I have to take history?" She asked hesitantly. "I really don't like history."

That earned a hearty laugh from him. His fingers started to twirl the pencil around absent-mindedly as he looked at her. "Between me and you, I don't think that even the history teachers like the subject they're teaching."

Her lips curled into a smile, but then something registered into her mind and she straightened up in her seat, her expression serious. "Wait! I thought you're a senior this year."

A frown grew on the space between his forehead and his brows. "Yeah! Is there something wrong with that?"

"Shouldn't you be, like- I don't know -studying for your SATs or applying to college or something?" She wondered. "Am I wasting your time? Oh, crap! It must be very rude of me to ask for your help during such a time. I'll just-"

She gathered her things and was about to stand up when his arm shot out to hold her back by her elbow. She immediately froze in place, her eyes widening only infinitesimally.

"I took my SATs junior year," He explained. "I applied for colleges early decision and am currently waiting for a response from any of them. I'm actually quite free right now, at least freer than the average high school senior."

She blinked. Taking another glance at him, something about what he said wasn't convincing enough to her ears. His posture, the way he held himself everywhere and the fact that he was undeniably good-looking compared to many boys his age, Charles Fields looked far from being a nerd. If all, he could easily be the next prom king later next year.

"Sit!" He instructed softly, pointing his chin at the chair. She gave in and let out a long huff before she slumped down on the chair. His hand let go of her and she suddenly felt cold, castaway. "Shall I go on?" He questioned with a quirk of his eyebrow as he looked at her in amusement.

She nodded, but couldn't keep the stark shade of red from staining her cheeks. She folded her arms on the desk and leant closer, listening intently as he explained to her everything she needed to know about being a high school student.

Perhaps it was then that she started developing a long-term crush on him, even though she wasn't aware of it herself.

Natalie made her way into the abandoned diner. The door screeched as she pushed it open, and she winced. She stepped inside, letting it shut behind her, only to create a rectangular cloud of dust that caused her to cough.

She scanned her surroundings. The brick design of the walls was covered in posters of punk rock themes, deep quotes and emo bands. A couple of lamps hung from the ceiling, one of them flickered constantly, and spiderwebs covered the corners of the room.