Chapter Three

I'm really busy tonight! here's the third chapter, so enjoy!

Err… yeah… hey there. I have a huge, huge, gigantic, massive stinker of a problem. That call I’ve been feeling? I know where it’s coming from. But there’s a problem.

It’s him.

I know, it’s ridiculous, but I know because he’s here and I can feel it. Now the problem I mentioned? He is trying to kill me, because obviously he hasn’t felt it yet. He’s too deep in sending curses my way… I’m warring with myself over whether I step right out there and hope it hits him or to go in all guns a-blazin’ and defend myself from the magic; he is a professional assassin because I caught a glimpse of him as he entered town in my dream one night. He came over the moor marshes at about two in the morning and stared at my glamour- protected castle (humans can’t see it but it’s older than Buckingham) with an unemotional face. He soon coated himself in a spell and he was gone.

I was right, by the way; he is a warrior. In fact, he actually was part of my father’s elite warriors but he turned to the revolution when my father killed his older brother. So wonder he resents me so much. I resent him for all the pain he’s caused me, but not enough to want to kill him; he is the only thing I’ve got left in this realm, and I won’t let a little thing like resentment get in my way. I think I’ll give you a description, for the sake of imagining how this is playing out for me. He appeared to me as tall (well, aren’t we all) black hair with silver- blond lines from scarring and a rugged look about his demeanour which told of a long travel to my castle. One thing I did notice was the fact that his eyes were a very strange coal black with silver flecks, the likes I haven’t seen in so long. Normally you can tell what a person is like by their eyes, and having such weird colours made for a very strange reading. The silver told me he can be ice cold and uncaring with a very volatile streak whilst the black told me he’s at home in the outdoors and can be very practical when it comes to survival… an odd combination, but an intriguing one. Very much like me (my eyes change colour as a defence to character reading) before everything went wrong. Now I’m not so sure if I could be so cold; I’ve caused way too much innocent death for just being me. Now, if someone deserves it that’s another matter entirely. Then I can be cold for definite. But innocent people are another matter now, and I don’t want any more collateral damage blowing around in my head.

 Another thing is that I can’t find anyone who said they were helping me form the old society and I’m worried that not being able to find them might just involve the assassin whose name I’ve long since forgotten. Though not much older than me, he probably has three or four times the amount of kills under his belt than myself and I wouldn’t be surprised if he has taken out the people who wanted to help.

They weren’t exactly warriors themselves.

So I appear stranded and he’s closing in on me. I’ve no warrior of a brother to save me and no king to prevent him from killing me… I have a sneaking feeling that we’re going to meet head on, and that cannot happen in a place with humans around. I have to lure him to my home and then take him on, without humans, without help.

Ah, I might really truly die from this.

I thought I was scared before but now I’m really terrified because as much as it’d be nice to see my family again, I don’t want to leave him alone here. Moreover, I need to sort out our world before I leave for good. Then I’ll die happy.