Chapter Six

The real chapter six... whoops.

Ah well, read and enjoy my friends!

???????

She’s trapped.

It’s a shame, really; I don’t want to kill her but someone must pay for the death of my brother and she is the only one left. If I’d killed her brother I’d expect that she’d have come after me. I’m surprised that she hasn’t killed me for coming for her; I’ve heard she was the high blood assassin, quite the title… too late now, though. I’m getting closer with every minute of the day and I’m not going to be subtle once I’m in the castle; soon, so soon…

Kæta

He’s going to kill me soon. I can’t decide whether to just open up my protective barriers and let him in or make him work for it… I don’t know what I’m going to do. I keep thinking of Kæ in my spare moments; he’s so close to me now, and it reminds me of what I’m missing- family, friends, home... My father, my mother… All those lost on the field far away from here. I’m giving up on the idea that this guy’s gonna stop what he’s doing when he realises, because I’m sure he’s charmed himself to not feel anything until he kills me slowly. Then I’m sure he’ll relish the situation and laugh all the way home.

Listen to me; I’m so sorry about my pessimism but after this long I really want it to be over one way or the other. Letting my guard down might just be the way to do it quickly and I would love to see my family again. There was this friend I had when I was younger- Vitraine was his name- who I’d always thought could be him; he obviously wasn’t but it’d be nice to see him again. He died not long before my brother did on the battlefield, though I hadn’t seen him for many years before then.

By the way, I’m nineteen this week.

It feels like a lot longer, the time I’ve been alive. All this only happened in the last two or three years; it’s more like two hundred years. I could’ve lived that long, if this guy hadn’t decided to come after me. I can’t blame my family for this, though. Nor can I blame him. I can’t blame anyone because it’s not my place to, so I’ll just take my fate and leave it at that. That’s it; i’ll do it.

I’m bringing down my barriers; tonight I die.