• Garroth •

[this is based off one of my imagines]
don't kill me lol
_____________________

I placed a soft kiss on her lips as tears slipped down my cheeks.
I checked the heart monitor next to her hospital bed, its beeping slowly losing its pace. Her chest was heaving up and down, searching for every possible breath of oxygen it could have.
"Y/N, I'm so sorry..." I whimpered.
"It's... OK..." She whispered back quietly. Her weak eyes looked into my glistening ones. Her face looked drained and pale compared to my healthy, tanned one.
The beeping started to slow down, as did the readings on the screen.
"Y/N..."
"Garroth..." I held my hand in hers as I silently cried. Rocking back and forth, I tried to comfort her, but the comfort was mostly for me.
"I couldn't save you..." I frowned in shame.
"It wasn't your responsibility." She smiled as best as she could.
"But it was... I love you, I'm with you, I'm supposed to protect you."
"Sometimes, the Princess has to protect her Prince."

Beep. Beep. Beep....

"I'm ready to leave, Garroth, love. I've accepted it. You need to as well."
"How do you possibly expect me to accept your death? You're the most important thing to me, heck, we were even thinking about children! I can't just throw that all away!" I cried.
"I know, it's going to be hard, but you need to trust me. You will find love again, even if it takes you into your next life. It won't take forever for you to move on, but it will take time-"
"I don't care about that now, just let me spend these last few moments with you!" I wept into her chest.
She stroked my hair lightly, twisting the locks through her fingers.
The sunlight seeped through the thin curtains, landing on and framing her face perfectly.

Beep... Beep...

"No, no!" I brought my face up to hers and looked in her clouded eyes.
"Garroth..." My name rolled from her tongue in her small angel's voice.
"Please, don't leave me."
"I..." She trailed off as the life faded from her eyes.

Beep...

"No..." I whispered meekly.
"You can't..." I tried to persuade myself that she isn't gone.
"You can't be.. dead..." The words I spoke stung my heart.
Tears dripped down onto the white bedsheets, staining them temporarily.
"I'm sorry..."