• Choices | Zane (B Get Help) •

You have decided to go to the principal for help! (*cough* pussy *cough*) To see what would happen if you interfered yourself, read the chapter before this one!

You ran as fast as you could towards the Principals office, hearing a small, "come in," after you knocked on her door.
"Miss! There's a ruckus near the bleachers! The Shadow Knights are beating up a younger student and I came here for help."
She stood up. "Really? Take me to them." You nodded and she followed you outside.
"Right here!" You both turned the corner and came face to face with Gene. The Principal peered behind him and saw Zane on the ground.
"What is going on here?!" She screamed at the gang. "Detention for a week, and I'm calling your parents!" She paused and looked at Zane.
"Even though you're the victim, I can't see that you're a prefect, meaning you aren't allowed outside at lunchtime. Y/N here will take you to the nurses office, and then you'll join them in detention for a few days."
The Shadow Knights fled, leaving you, Zane and the principal. "Both of you, inside, now!"
You scurried inside and towards the nurses office. Zane grumbled as you cleaned him up, cursing at you and the pain.
"I just tried to help. Don't be such an ass about it."
"Yeah, but now I'm in trouble. I can't believe you."
You sighed. "Well, how about I ask to supervise this detention so you guys can just play around. At least then you're not stuck with doing actual work."
He stayed silent for a minute. "I guess..."
"Okay, I'll ask soon. You go ahead to class." A smile tugged at your lips as you pulled him up and pushed him lightly. Zane exited the room, leaving you sitting at the nurses desk. After cleaning up the medical supplies you used, you checked the sheet for after school detention rooms. "Room 214. Okay." You made your way up the stairs and into Mr. Layton's classroom, who would be supervising Zane's detention. "Mr. Layton?" You spoke, knocking on the open door to alert him.
"Ah, Y/n." He smiled, and granted you entry. "What do you need?"
You stood at his desk. "Do you think I can supervise the detention after school today? I need to earn extra credit."
The teacher nodded. "Sure. That means I can go home and relax, thanks." He replied rather informally. "Great! Bye." You said, leaving the classroom. The bell rung not soon after, and you ventured the hall to your last two classes of the day.
~
Damn, was Zane salty in detention. He wouldn't shut up, he kept yapping about how it was all your fault he was put into after school detention on a Friday.
"Okay, shut up!" You screamed, rubbing your temples. "I'm sorry, okay! I didn't mean to get you in trouble, but Gene could've hurt me too. And it was your fault you were outside when you weren't allowed to be."
That seemed to finally hush him. The room was almost empty, only you and Zane remaining, the evening sun peeking through the slats of the blinds. The clock ticked on, almost reaching 5 pm. "Let's get out of here," you said and reached for your bag, pulling it over your shoulder and walking towards the door. Zane followed closely behind, coming to walk by your side as you left through the gate.
"Y/n..."
"Yeah?" You replied, turning your head slightly to look at him.
"Sorry for snapping at you. I know you were only trying to help.." Your boyfriend quietly apologised. You shrugged.
"Whatever. I should have kept to my own business and left you alone. But it's hard to watch you get hurt. I hate seeing you change yourself just to get the attention of people that don't care about you."
Zane gulped. "I'll try to stop. It's not your fault and I guess I was being pretty stupid back there."
The two of you walked in silence for a while. Suddenly, Zane grabbed your right hand with his left, and turned his head to another direction so you couldn't see his red face. "How... How about you come over? No one else is home and if you forgive me for being a dick you can play the new video game that I just bought?"
Your eyes lit up with newfound excitement. "Deal! Let's go~" Now Zane was the one being dragged across the pavement.
"Oh, and on top of the video game, I want that super delicious looking cupcake you've been saving in the fridge for a while." You smiled, a sickly sweet and sarcastic smile.
He gritted his teeth and spoke sharply. "Of course, Y/n, it's not like I was gonna have that or anything.."
"Oh, you weren't? Then that's great for me!"
"Why you little-"