Needing a friend...

Sarah's POV

I walked on one of the trails while holding Scarlet's reigns. I felt hot tears fall gently down my cheeks. I couldn't forget the image of them smiling and giggling between kisses..  I couldn't stand the fact that I had been too late to tell Will about how I felt. I tried so many times but the words would never come out.. I just collapsed on the ground and cover my face as the sobs kept coming. I felt Scarlet bend her neck down and nuzzle me, trying to get me to uncover my face. I immediately hug her and gently stroke her neck as I tried to control my sobs. I soon just finally calmed down but soon that picture came back... It was haunting me and made me even sadder, and soon the sobs came back again. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder... I uncover my face and look up to see Bailey! They came back? It felt like an eternity  since the last time I saw him. I quickly hug him and cry tears of both joy and sadness. He hugged back and whispered into my ear telling me that I'll be okay. I soon calmed down, but I still kept hugging him. He must've arrived and decided to take Aztec on a ride. I looked over Bailey's shoulder to see Aztec and Scarlet stare at me with worry in their big eyes. I wiped my tears and Bailey helped calm me down. I told him what happened.

"I was too late to tell him, Bailey! He's gone! They were kissing, and they seemed so happy... I never even stood a chance against her.. She's pretty.. She's amazing.. She is an even better rider than me.. He was so mesmerized by her that he didn't even notice me..."

Bailey stared at me in disbelief. He knew for a while I liked Will and that I have been trying to tell him my feelings for him for a while. But when Stella came along, Will fell head over heels for her, completely shutting me out. Bailey felt bad for me. He was so shocked by my words about how I missed my chance with him that he didn't even find the right words to say. Instead he decided to give me a big hug and comfort me, knowing I needed his support.

When Sarah calmed down they rode back to the barn, Aztec and Scarlet had their heads bowed, still thinking about how sad Sarah felt about the connection Will had with Stella. I looked down at the dirt trail. We didn't say a word. not even one as we rode slowly back at the barn.

As soon as we got there, I saw everybody's horses and everybody gathered together. I noticed Stella chatting excitedly about something to the girls. So I just made sure they didn't notice me and I quietly took off Scarlet's saddle and bridle and put them away. I started grooming her mane and looked at her hooves making sure there were no rocks stuck in them. As I closed the stall door Molly, Alma, Nani, Zoey and Chloe ran up to me and gave me a group hug. I smiled at them and hugged them all one by one. I even noticed that Will and Bailey were staring at me. Will and Bailey soon started a conversation, although I cloud tell Bailey wasn't the most happiest to see Will.. I think because he was upset Stella and Will were kissing. As much as I loved that the girls came back I was getting tired and called my mom to see when the limo would arrive. I was tired and exhausted from crying my eyes out. I noticed my eyes still a little red and I quickly covered them with some of my hair creating a shadow over them so nobody would notice. 15 minutes late my limo pulled up and I quickly got in without saying goodbye to my friends. I noticed Will staring at me, but I didn't even take a glance at him. I just wanted to go home..

~A few hours later~ 

I ran upstairs to my room and closed the door. I quickly opened up my laptop and set it on my lap as I sad down on the end of my bed. I looked up different ranches and stared at the ones close by. Then one caught my eye.... Stanhope Academy.. I looked at the website and stared in amazement at how beautiful it looked in the pictures. I was thinking of signing up, but I was hesitant as my mouse hovered over the send button. I decided for a while. I laid my finger on the mouse pad and slowly pressed down. I signed up... I would started Monday... and on Monday would be the day that I leave Horseland.. I sighed and closed the laptop and flopped on the bed. I teared up kind of regretting my decision.. But what was done was done.. I'm leaving in 2 weeks.. I'm leaving Horseland... I'm leaving my friends.. And most of all, I'm leaving Will..