8

Just like that Louis had a cookbook out, in the kitchen hazily staring at the instructions. He couldn't concentrate. He was falling asleep. His vision was blurred. He stared at his bag, the bag where the small bag of cocaine was hiding... no, he couldn't do that.

Okay, I can do this. I'm a good mother. This is what good parents do. All right. Louis attempted to convice himself.

'With the grey fondant make castle turrets. With the green fondant, place pieces into the mountain and with a piping-.'

Wake up, Louis.

Oh, I'm tired. Okay. What does that say?

Louis' vision began to blur.

So, he made another decision he would regret, he snorted the cocaine.

It certainly kept him awake.

---

"Well, what do you guys think?" Louis spoke, proud of his work, He had been up all night creating the castle cake... with the help of the drugs.

"Wow, mum, it's perfect." Charlie cheered as she and the two other children admired the cake.

"Wow. You must have been up all night." Harry's eyes widened as he walked into the room. Kissing his husband's forehead.

"I was, but it's done." Louis then turned to Charlie explaining to her more about the cake. "And you can move the chocolate drawbridge, and the moat is fudge."

"Okay, get ready for school." Harry ushered.

Louis watched as his and Harry's children ran off to prepare for school.

"Hey." Harry turned Louis to face him, "you're a great mum."

---

"Lou, honey, your next client's here. He's got a flight to catch.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a minute," Louis replied as he quickly applied a light dash of makeup.

"Hey, Dolly." Louis darted into the room; his next client was the same client that gave him the drugs.

"Hey, you gotta help me. I'm out, and I'm desperate." Louis begged, slightly holding onto John's arm.

The client's eyes opened, "it's gonna take me a few days. My guy's out of town."

Louis frowned, he needed his fix. "Okay, well, can't you just call him? Or someone else, please?" Louis paused, as he guiltily dropped his gown, revealing his completely naked body, "I'll make it worth your while."

"Well, Dolly, now we're talking."

---

"But, Mum, I don't want to."

Louis had taken his son Bradly to the doctor; they wanted to do a general check-up, they asked the boy to pee in a cup.

"Well, you're gonna have to. That's how doctors look for stuff."

"Like what?" The child quizzed.

"I don't know, the kind of stuff they find in your pee," Louis whined, his eyes were red raw. He was craving his fix.

"But I don't have to go," Bradly whined, he didn't need to pee.

"You're gonna have to try," Louis begged, he was getting mad... apparently, craving drugs did that.

"I can't."

"Yes, you can."

"I can't."

"I'll turn on the water."

"That doesn't help. I can't."

Something inside Louis cracked, he bent down shaking his son back and forward as he began to scream.

"Stop saying it! Do you hear me? Stop it. Stop saying it! Stop saying it! Stop saying it!"

Bradly had tears streaming down his soft cheek.

"Okay, Mum, I'll do it! I'll try!" Louis' eyes widened when he realised what he had done. He reached forward to touch his son only for him to back away from him.

"Oh, my God, I'm sorry Bradly. Mummy is so sorry. I'm so sorry. Mama's just having a bad day, okay? Go on out to the waiting room. I'm gonna be right there. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Lou broke down crying.

He fell against the wall of the bathroom as he sobbed.

Life was not right. This isn't what he had planned.