Chapter 4

Raquel's POV

"I hope everyone had a lovely holiday. It's your first day of high school so it's okay to be shy and nervous."

That was my home class teacher Ms Peters talking. I ended up zooming out, of what she was saying. My mind was focused on other things. She seemed like a really nice lady but I didn't have time to listen to her speech the entire day. You see, I get bored easily, I prefer if I was the one who was doing all the talking. I was surprised that I was even in the A class.

I was sitting next to Anne, a girl from my primary school. She was engrossed in her own thoughts. Michelle was sitting in front of me and she kept turning back to wave or smile  at me.  Obviously being the nice person that I am, I waved and smiled back.

"Being your class teacher I would like to get to know each and everyone of you. So, I would like you to write about yourself on a piece of paper. You can write about anything that concerns you. The length is up to you. It's due by tomorrow. So you can get started with it here in class."

Hmm, what am I going to write about? Ey, I'll just do this at home cause I think better when I'm in my room.

"Yo Raquel, what you writing about?", Anne asks me.

"I'm not sure brah I'll just do this at home."

"I don't even know where to start."

Yeah right I think. Since primary Anne was a very lazy girl so I wasn't surprised that she doesn't want to do the work.

I look around the room at the different learners, some of the learners I attended primary school with them.

"Hi Raquel, I'm not sure if you remember me but we bumped into each other in the corridor." It was Michelle, of course I remember her.

"Yeah I do", I say smiling.

"Uhm, would you like a tour of the school since you new?"

"That would be nice, but can my friend Alex join us?"

"Yeah sure that's fine."

We awkwardly smile at each other. Only now do I notice that she is very beautiful. She has a great smile, lovely olive skin, high cheek bones and thick long black hair. But she did look very intimidating.

My thoughts were interrupted by a girl who walked in the classroom. Wait, is that who I think it is?...