Chapter 5

Special thanx to AndiswaNgidi for doing the awesome cover for this book. She's one of my best friends who also encouraged me to write this book. This chapter is dedicated to her.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Samantha's POV

Room 23.... Room 23... Room 23.....
I keep reminding myself, as it is I'm already very late and I'm lost. It's all my dad's fault, he had to wake up late. Now I'm the one who has to face the consequences. I am all alone in the corridor looking for my home class. My bag is very heavy, as it is I'm very short so that is not helping either. My bag is below my number almost touching the floor so you can imagine how ridiculous I look right now.

Room 19... Room 22... Bingo! Room 23. Well here goes nothing. Before I could even step a foot inside, someone shouts, "Ma'am there is someone by the door!"

Immediately all eyes on me, my cheeks burn up and I feel really scared and shy. I fix my glasses and bite my nail on my pinky finger. I only do that when I'm anxious or embarrassed and right now I am feeling embarrassed.

"Come in please", that must be my teacher, well I think it is since she is the only adult in this room.

"Hello love, you may sit over there next to the girl with red hair."

I turn in the direction she was pointing at. Wait , that girl looks familiar. Oh yeah its Rachel or Racky? Whatever her name is. We attended the same primary school. Phew at least there is someone I know here. She's looking at me as if she saw a ghost.

As I'm walking towards my desk I didn't notice that there was water spilled on the floor, this resulted in me almost falling. Nice save! Rachel? Or Racky? Noticed that, she just smiled at me. I feel so bad that I don't know her name.

I take a seat and I read a white label on her schoolbag which was on the floor next to her. Oh yeah that's right, her name is Raquel!

"I'm surprised to see you here ", a girl says who is sitting next to Raquel.

I look up and I notice that it's Anne, another girl who we used to attend school with at our primary school.

"Yeah me too", Raquel also adds.

I'm not much of a talker so I just smile at them in response.

"Sweety, just before you walked in I gave them work to do. Raquel and Anne please tell her what to do."

"Yes Miss", they both respond in unison.

Before they could tell me anything the bell rings.

"You may lead out, it's lunch time." Our teacher tells us.

Wait? It's lunch time? Am I that late? Come on I just sat down and I'm so tired....

Please comment and vote! Leave any feedback!!!