Chapter 7

Samantha's POV

It's lunch time and I'm wondering around the school like a lost soul. Where is the cafeteria? I've been taking sharp turns, walking down corridors and going down stairs and I still can't find the darn cafeteria. Everywhere I go it looks the same. Feels like I've been walking in circles. Let me ask someone for help. No I can't. I'm scared plus I know none of these people who are in the corridors. I'm sure the cafeteria is somewhere around here. I don't want to ask for help and look like a fool. *sigh* This school is really huge and ancient.

Ouch! I didn't even noticed I bumped into something or someone. My face and hands where on a strong, hard chest.

"Sorry about that." It came from a manly voice. A rather sexy and deep manly voice.

Darn it! My glasses fell on the floor. As I'm picking up my glasses my hands touch another pair of strong manly hands.

"Don't worry I'll get it for you." The same manly voice spoke. I stare at him but I can't really see anything, only his face looks blurry. Without my glasses I'm  blind as a bat.

"The manly voice with manly hands" hands me my glasses. I mumble a thank you.

Oh so this is how he looks like. He had ocean blue eyes and blonde hair, he was smiling at me. I hate blondes they aren't really my cup of coffee  but I have to give him the credit,he was hot!!  He had lushes lips, if only I could feel them on mi-. Wait. Why am I thinking like this??? I just met the guy.

"So what's your na-"

Before he could even finish his sentence I walk away (more like ran away. But considering the fact that I had short legs I didn't look like I was running, I looked more like a penguin wobbling side to side)

"The cafeteria is down those stairs then turn right, by the way", he shouts .

I stop dead cold I'm my tracks. How did he know that I was looking for the  cafeteria? I turn my head to look at him and he gives me a sly smirk. That was weird. I quickly take the stairs as he said, walking quickly that I almost fell. What's up with me and almost falling today?

Bingo! There's the cafeteria! Wow.... its so crowded. A lot of kids. The cue is so long and I'm so hungry. I wait in the line till its my turn. Once I was served, I take my tray and walk around the room looking for a place to sit. Yes! I spot a huge table crowded with girls from my class and other grade 8 girls. Oh well, let me just join them. You know what they say, the more the merrier.

As I'm walking towards them I hear someone calling my name. "Samantha"

Or maybe it's not me, they could be another Samantha here. I ignore the call and carry on walking.

"Samantha" There it is again. Just turn around Sammy, it could be you. Fine I say to myself. I turn and look at the direction that I heard the sound coming from. My eyes are met by a pair of light blue eyes which belong to a girl. Not just any girl but one of the Queen B's of my old primary school, Portia. I was surprised that she was calling me.

"Come sit with us. Come", Portia says. She has a thick Italian accent.

I scurry towards them. Portia was seating next to two other girls.
They both were short. One had a huge head, dark skin, big lips and huge eyes, her hair was short and let loose so she kinda looked liked she was a lion with a lion mane. The other girl had smaller features but had a lot of pimples on her face. I smile at everyone and whisper a hey.

"Girls, this is Samantha but you can call her Sammy. Sammy this is Sasha" Portia points to the girl with the lion mane.

"And this is Naomi", she continues but this time pointing to Pimple Face.

"Hi"  Sasha and Naomi both say in unison.

Before we could continue with our conversation, we were interrupted by a group of boys who approached our table. They looked way older than us, probably seniors. One of them looked really high. His eyes were blood shot red.

"Hello ladies." It came from the dude with red eyes, he said it in a sing song voice.

"I'm Sexy Silver but you can call me Double S. This is Trent and Steve."

"Hey", Portia and her crew say. I just stare like a fool.

"Cam we join you ladies?" This time  it's Trent talking.

"Why not we do need some company" Portia responds.

All three boys sit opposite us.

"So what are your names pretty ladies? " Steve asks.

Portia replies again on our behalf. How is she so confident at talking to them? Literally these are bad boys who look like thugs and she's so chilled with them.

Sasha and Naomi both join in on the conversation. I just sit and listen. I'm too uncomfortable to eat my lunch plus I don't want to embarrass myself by dropping chips on the floor or by smearing my mouth with sauce from the burger.

Might as well just sit quietly and listen... *sigh*