twenty

"But, Daddy, I don't want to go to bed!" Sierra whined as she was hoisted up on her father's shoulder, being carried off to her room. 

"Sorry, sweetie, but princesses need their beauty rest," Avi replied, already tucking the little girl in bed. She sat there cross-armed with a glare that could kill. In this way, she reminded him so much of Kirstin who was also very stubborn. "How about if I read you a bedtime story? Then will you go to sleep?" 

Already feeling sleeping after her tantrum, Sierra mumbled, "Please sing to me Daddy. Mummy always sings me a lullaby before I go to sleep." It didn't even take one second for Avi to think of a song to sing, he was waiting for this moment his entire life; the moment where he would sing Light in the Hallway to one of his children.

"Close your eyes, lay your head down, now it's time to sleep. May you find great adventure, as you lie and dream. If you're scared of the darkness, I will calm your fear. There's a light in the hallway, so you know I'm here. So count your blessings everyday, it makes the monsters go away; and everything will be okay. You are not alone, you are right at home. Goodnight, goodnight."

Once Avi heard the deep breathing and saw the rising and falling of Sierra's chest, he knew she was fast asleep. "You know, you've got some magical powers or something. It takes me about three songs before she's actually sleeping." Avi physically jumped up at the sound of Kirstin's voice; he had no idea he had an audience. Sierra started to squirm around and Avi was scared that she had woken up, but she just turned on her other side and was at peace again.

"Well, you've got some great sneaking skills, you scared me," Avi chuckled at the woman who was currently leaning against the door frame, her arms crossed over her chest. Kirstin was wearing only a simple hoodie and a pair of old yoga pants, yet she still looked absolutely stunning. 

"I actually came to look for you. I was just going to watch Game of Thrones and I was wondering if you'd like to join me?" Kirstin asked sheepishly, looking like a nervous school girl; Avi found it quite cute. Avi's huge grin was answer enough so he followed Kirstin into the living room where her laptop was already set up on the floor with the show playing, next to a pile of pillows, a blanket and two cups of tea. His grin widened as he glanced over at a blushing Kirstin. "Okay, I may have planned this." 

"Don't be embarrassed. I really needed a Game of Thrones night," Avi replied, grabbing Kirstie's hand and placing it within his own. He leaded her over to the mess of blankets and pillows and sat down, pulling her so close to him that she was practically in his lap. She moulded her body against his, wrapped one of her arms around him and used her free hand to interlock it with his.

"Is this okay?" She whispered so softly that it was barely audible, yet Avi still managed to catch her words.

"More than okay," Avi kissed the top of her head before paying his attention to the screen in front of him. However, Kirstin just couldn't focus; she found Avi was more interesting than whatever was going on in the TV programme. She studied his perfectly structured nose, the pigment of his eyes but she was mostly attracted to his lips and how soft they looked. In that moment, she knew she had to tell him, he had to know exactly how she felt. Only a few minutes into the show, Kirstin quickly paused it and turned to look at a very confused Avi. "Kirstie?"

"Your face is really attractive," Kirstie blurted out before covering her mouth with both her hands. "Shit, that didn't come out right." It took all Avi had in him to not burst out laughing, she was too adorable. "What I meant to say was, I really love you Avi. I love the little family that we have together; just me, you, Sierra and Olaf. I know we practically act like a couple already, but I want to make things official." Kirstin bit her lip and anxiously waited for Avi's response.

His fingers traced her jawline and he said with a small smile on his face, "Kirstin Taylor Maldonado, do you know how madly in love I am with you?" That was all Kirstin needed to hear, she didn't waste another second of their precious time talking. She didn't even know who leaned in first but none of that mattered right now, all she focused on was his warm mouth and his hands running down her body. 

This kiss was so much better than the one earlier that day, they took their time with each other, they were in no rush to finish. Her heart was thumping hard against her chest and the blood pounded in her ears. His kiss was like ecstasy. He pulled away too soon for her liking, but it was only for a brief second in order to catch his breath. Before she knew it, his lips were latching onto hers again. Unfortunately, the moment didn't last very long after that as Olaf gave a short and playful bark which instantly separated the two of them. They took one look at each other before bursting into a fit of giggles.

"At least we know what Olaf thinks of our relationship."

Another book down!! :O Thank you so much for all the support, over 200 votes?! That's insane. Unfortunately, I do not have another idea for a book at the moment but I promise that I will release another book, it just might not be for a while. I will never stop writing it's one of my passions :) I'm very intrigued to know, what was your favourite part of the book? I personally loved the moment when Sierra and Avi met, my little heart melted. Leave all your comments down below <3