1

Ethan doesn't really understand the algorithm that YouTube uses to recommend videos. Usually it's accurate, with mainly let's plays, and Vine compilations, and dog videos. So it's a bit of a surprise when he's recommended a video of a girl playing a Twenty One Pilots song. He never watches covers, because there are much more interesting things to do than watch someone play a song for four minutes.

He could do a lot of things in four minutes.

But the thumbnail, for once, is what actually makes him click it. It's a girl holding a ukulele, but she has bright pink hair and there's a large tattoo on her forearm. He clicks on the video

[Transcript:

FADE IN:

INT. BEDROOM — NIGHT

SAWYER is sitting on their bed, with fairy lights on the headboard and a Polaroid wall behind them.

SAWYER
Hey, guys! It's Sawyer and welcome to my first video in two weeks! Sorry it's been such a long wait, but I've been packing for college and soon I'm going to move to LA!

Sawyer cheers while the post-effect of confetti plays. They pick up a ukulele, and pluck a few strings.

SAWYER (CONT'D)
In this video I'm going to play "We Don't Believe What's on TV" by Twenty One Pilots. I'll be playing the acoustic version Tyler did and I'll link the video down below.

Sawyer plucks the strings again, before playing the song. When they finish playing the song, Sawyer laughs and does a quick strumming noise.

SAWYER (CONT'D)

So that was "We Don't Believe What's on TV" by Twenty One Pilots! If you liked it and want to learn how to play, I also made a tutorial. Feel free to check out my other covers, and don't forget to like and subscribe! See you next time, bye!

CUT TO BLACK]

Ethan likes the video, and clicks on her channel. He noticed she was pretty in her video, like, super pretty and entirely his type, but. That's probably going to go nowhere. Her header is her channel name, sawyertheghost, written in a bubbly, light blue, pixel font with pixel ghosts around it. It's really cute.

He doesn't want to hit subscribe, because he isn't sure if he had anymore reasons to watch her videos besides that she's cute, and that's not enough of a reason for him. He bookmarks the channel instead, and goes back to looking for the new video G posted.

Two days later, he's editing a video he filmed which includes a quick glimpse of his homepage. He doesn't cut it out, because he's talking and the A/V sync would be off, but he kind of wants to because another one of Sawyer's videos was recommended to him. He leaves it in, and edits the rest of the video.

He knows he has fans that watch his videos as soon as he posts them, which never ceases to amaze him, and he knows he's going to get more tweets in the ten minutes it takes to watch the video. He can do a lot of things in the ten minutes, like make a sandwich, or look for a new game to play, or clean the dishes from his room.

Instead, he goes back to his homepage and clicks on the video that YouTube recommended him. This time, it's Sawyer and a dog in the thumbnail with Q&A + DOG! written across the bottom.

[Transcript:

FADE IN:

EXT. BACKPORCH — DAY

SAWYER is sitting on a lawn chair on their porch, and there's a dog in the background of the video.

SAWYER
Hey, guys, it's Sawyer! It's been awhile since I did a Q and A, so I tweeted for you guys to ask me questions and now I'm going to respond. And yes, for once I am outside because it's actually warmer outside than inside and I'm tired of hiding under my blankets.