4

A week later, Sawyer's classes at UCLA have finally started, and they text him sporadically throughout the day. this one dude had brought their entire duvet me 2, they send on a Wednesday morning, and a, someones wearing a sword art online shirt gotta go fast on a Friday. Two weeks after school began, they text him excitedly about how they, for some reason, have a free day.

sweet. what're you goin to do

idk i wanna do some touristy stuff

i can help w that

oh heeeeeck yeah. lets do it

On Friday morning, Ethan finds himself panicking over what to wear. It's been too long since he's actually gone on a Not-A-Date-But-I-Like-The-Person Date. It's been too long since he's been on an actual date. After staring despairingly at his closet, he texts Amy.

help what do i wear

wear where??

oMFG R U GOING ON A DATE

WITH SAWYER

no and yes. not a date but it's with sawyer

what are you doing

walking around la. they wanted to go to the touristy stuff

just wear jeans a shirt. youre gonna be out all day

true im just.... scared??? idk

its a not date with ur crush its understandable

aaaaaaaaaaah, he sends back, and contemplates his closet again. He finally digs out a pair of black jeans and a plain white shirt. It'll have to do.

He's glad Sawyer's apartment isn't that far from UCLA, keeping it in the West, and it's not too far from his own apartment. They're already waiting outside of the building when he pulls up, and he catalogues their outfit (faded denim shorts, light pink shirt, vans, oversized sunglasses) before he texts I'm here and watches as their head shoots up.

Ethan waves out of his rolled-down window, and they smile, walking towards his car.

"Hi!" Sawyer says when they jump into the car. They're smiling, but it doesn't really reach their eyes, and their shoulders are slumped forward in tiredness. Ethan doesn't like the look on them. He wonders why they really have the day off.

"Hey," he says, and waits until they buckle in before shifting into gear.

"What are we doing first?" They ask, rolling down their own window. The breeze brings in the grease and smog of LA, but whatever Sawyer used smells fruity.

"First, we're going to the art museum. More to come."

"I love going to art museums!" they exclaim.

"So you can make fun of the art?"

"Well, yeah, it's not that deep bro, but also because also because some of the exhibits are actually really cool. And like, it's LA, there's gotta be cool stuff."

"Yeah, they have this really cool exhibit going right now. I want tell you much, but it's very neon." Ethan tells them, and they gasp excitedly.