Chapter Two: A Small Lie

Luke's POV

I watched Becca give me a more confident smile than I knew she was feeling, as she raised her shaky hand to knock. " Come in". Came Will's smooth voice, from the other side of the closed door. I nodded and she turned the knob, we walked in together. I could feel the tension radiating from Becca's body, I put my hand at the small of her back and immeadiatly felt her relax.

Will raised his eyebrows at us, and stood. " This is the interview you've been waiting for." I said, sending him a smirk. He offered his hand for her to shake, she took it without hesitation.

" Becca Hughs, sir." She said, I was surprised that her voice didn't shake considering her small body was.

 " Will Foster." Will said smiling warmly at her, letting go of her small hand.

" Please, have a seat." He said, gesturing towards two empty chairs. I was about to make my exit, but he stopped me with his words. " I meant both of you, Luke." He chuckled, I nodded and took the seat beside Becca.

  " Luke has pretty much kept me up to date on everything, he said the airport lost your luggage?" His brows knitted together, as he concentrated on a piece of paper laying on his desk.Will was a young lawyer, one that had already made a big name for himself.

 His father had been a lawyer that had just recently retired, leaving his company to Will. Everyone enjoyed working for him, he wasn't a hard man to get along with.

" Yes, sir. I'm so sorry, I'm usually very well put together. This just hasn't been my day." Becca replied missarably, she gave him a small, tired smile. Will laughed wholeheartedly.

" Sounds like it's been rough." He said, glancing at her backwards suit jacket. He didn't say anything, but the look on his face almost had me busting with the laughter that I was battling with internally. " Well I'm going to skip all the interview questions and go straight for the only answer that I need." Becca's body stiffened up once again, but she smiled and nodded waiting for him to continue.

" How bad do you want this job?" A small blush crept to her cheeks, and I was sure she had gotten the wrong impression of what Will had meant. But I sat there quiet as a church mouse, enjoying the nice red shade of her cheeks.

" I'm... not really sure what you mean sir." She said politely, chewing on her lower lip. It was something she did when she was nervous, I remember seeing her do that often around me. I frowned did I honestly make Becca nervous?

" Let me rephrase that," Will said, looking slightly embarrassed. " There are a lot of man hours to put into this kind of career. We often miss time with our families, and friends, but at the end of the day our company is one of the best to work for. So do you think you have what it takes?" Becca instantly relaxed, and nodded vigorously.

" Yes sir, I will do whatever it takes to make the best intern this company has ever had!" I smiled, now that was the spunky Becca we all knew and loved. Whoa, where had that thought come from? I cleared my throat loudly, and they both looked at me.

" I need to finish something up in my office, so if everything is okay...?" I asked, looking at Will. He nodded, waving his hand dismissively at me.

" We're fine now, I just needed you to help break the ice. I think Ms. Hughs is comfortable with me now?" He looked in her direction, questioningly. She gave him a warm, wide smile.

" I think we're good." They both laughed, and started talking again. I stared in amazement, it was as if I'd already left the room. I had to admit, it really sucked not being the one to have Becca's undivided attention.

I slipped out of the room, and made my way back to my office. I sat down and looked at the pictures across my desk, I missed my sister. She would be having a bone marrow transplant in six weeks, I had to return to Georgia a few days prior so they could take my marrow for her.