Chapter IV

Wanna see a fantastic, mind-blowing magic trick?

BOOM!! I updated! (You're welcome, now enjoy)

Dedicated to TaintedHearts_ for the awesome cover of this story! I just realized I haven't given her a dedication yet, so here it is :)

"I am going to figure this mess out." - Harlynn Pierce

Chapter IV

Closing the door behind me, I leaned against it and slowly fell down to my butt, a sigh leaving my lips.

I looked up and saw Ghost sitting not too far away from me. His furry head was tilted to the side, his green eyes examining me. "Don't look at me like that," I told the large cat.

Ghost shook his head and he carefully went over, the tip of his tail swiping the air. He quietly sat down next to me and rubbed his furry cheek against my leg, meowing softly.

Rubbing him under his chin I said, "I swear, sometimes you are the one who knows me the best." Ghost purred in what I took as agreement.

After a while I stood up and walked away, Ghost following me like a shadow, his green eyes analyzing my every movement.

"Alec! Ana!" I called my friends. "You guys still here?"

No reply.

Shrugging my shoulders, deciding they must have left not that long ago, I went towards my room to get some of my work done.

Ghost zigzagged between my legs, demanding attention. Or he was trying to tell me something, you'll never know for sure with cats.

I groaned in irritation and glared down at my cat, who upon having caught my attention sat down in front of me with a satisfying look. "Ghost, stop it," I told him, "I need to finish editing this one horror book. We can play afterward. I promise."

Ghost flattened his ears and hissed. I arched my eyebrows, "You're not getting sassy with me, buddy." Ghost bared his set of sharp fangs, ears almost disappeared on top of his furry head.

I sighed and crouched down. "Alright, what's the matter?" I asked. Ghost never behaved like this if he only wanted to play. Something else must be going on.

As if on cue, something heavy fell down downstairs. Coming from the kitchen. Ghost's head shot up and he darted past me.

I stood up on shaky legs and tiptoed towards the kitchen. My eyes caught sign of the small gun my grandfather forced me to keep - he always has been paranoid about buglers and 'creatures' - and I picked the handgun up, pulling the trigger and holding it firmly in my hands, ready to shoot if something were to happen.

 My eyes caught sign of the small gun my grandfather forced me to keep - he always has been paranoid about buglers and 'creatures' - and I picked the handgun up, pulling the trigger and holding it firmly in my hands, ready to shoot if something we...