Chapter X

Dedicated to @LookAFlyingPig for just being an awesome friend, I love the chats we have :)

"Ever since Christopher, our family has always been in the hunter business, hunting all kind of evil sons of bitches."- John Pierce

Chapter X

Rummaging around in my closet, I finally found the old backpack I used for when I still went to high school.

I took the grey thing out of the closet and threw it on my bed, walking over to my bureau to pick up the books. I carefully wrapped each in a white towel and placed them in the bag. After a bit of debating with myself, I placed the journal in it as well. And of course, the gun and silver dagger.

I swung the bag over my shoulder and took my phone off the charger, opening WhatsApp. "This time I'm doing it right, I won't let them worry again." I muttered, composing a new text to Ana and Alec.

Going to my grandparents to check up on them. It read. "Simple but effective," I said, pressing send.

Leaving the room behind me, backpack strapped on, I combed a hand through my long hair. It's time to get some more answers.

Walking through my home, I couldn't spot Ghost anywhere. Not thinking much of it, Ghost disappeared more often, I left the house behind me and hauled down a cab to bring me to my grandparents.

.

"John said you might be coming, come in," was the first thing my grandmother said upon opening the door leading to their house. She ushered me inside and closed the door behind me.

She held out a plate with a lemon cake on it, a bright smile on her face. I gave her an amused look. Elizabeth shrugged her shoulders, looking almost helplessly. "I made some not too long ago," she replied to my unanswered question.

"Thank you," I said softly, taking the plate from her. My grandmother handed me a silver fork and I took it from her, taking a grateful bite out of the lemon cake.

"He's in the Creatures Cave," she added, leading the way. I followed behind her, devouring the delicious cake. So good, I mussed to myself.

"John just kept muttering about demons, do you know anything about it?" Elizabeth asked me while we walked down the stairs, towards the basement.

"You remember the guy who turned into a kitten and tumbled down my fridge and stole my food?" I asked. She nodded. "He's probably a Greater Demon."

My grandmother thought about it for a while. "It does makes sense," she murmured to herself, "they can wield powerful magic." The door to the Creatures Cave was already open – my grandfather did that probably – and we easily went in.