Want

Kane shut the basement door behind us. He shoved me forward and I stomped down the steps. I stopped on the bottom step and turned. Kane grabbed my shoulder and turned me to face him fully, backing me up until my spine hit the cool concrete wall.

"What in the hell was that?"

I didn't answer, my blood was still simmering in my veins. Instead I met his eyes silently, spoiling for the fight.

"Cassie, don't make me force you to talk to me."

"What are you going to do to me Kane? I don't take orders from you," I bared my teeth, sinking my claws into the concrete behind me, afraid of what my hands might do.

"No Cassie, you don't take orders from me, do you?"

Before I knew what was happening Kane had grabbed the outside of my thighs, and I was in the air, my legs wrapped around his waist. I had no time to think before his hot mouth crashed into mine. The air left my lungs in a low groan, matching the one that he breathed onto my lips. I clutched him to me desperately, one hand squeezing his shoulder the other sliding into his hair.

I didn't think about my claws and I felt the fabric of his shirt rip in my hand allowing my fingers to stroke against warm skin. My teeth began to tingle as they returned to normal in time for his tongue to slip past my open lips. I groaned again at the taste of him. The angry whiskey smell flooded my senses as I sucked on his tongue. His hands slid up the back of my thighs leaving a trail of sparks in their wake. He settled them against my backside pulling my hips more firmly against him.

I ground my pelvis into him seeking friction to ease the burn between my thighs. He gasped into my mouth, slowly pulling my lower lip with his teeth. My hands made their way in between us fumbling for the top button of his shirt. I couldn't maneuver the button so I pulled ripping the front of his shirt open. Annoyed to find not bare skin but a t shirt underneath.

"Kane? Cassie? Is everyone alive down here?" Mia called from the top of the steps.

Kane pulled back, but kept his hands under me, both of us were trying to control out heavy breathing.

"Fine Mia, go back upstairs," Kane's voice sounded like gravel and I shivered in pleasure.

I heard the door click shut and met Kane's eyes. He slow let me down, making sure that my body remained in contact with his the whole way. When my feet finally hit the floor he took a step back running his hands through his hair.

"Cassie I'm sorry. I have not been handling any of this well and I owe you an explanation and a giant apology."

"I'm tired of you cheating on Sierra with me. Though I can't honestly be mad because I'm doing the same thing to Aidan... We are both terrible people. Even though your girlfriend is a mega bitch."

"What? I'm not nor have I ever been in a relationship with Sierra."

"Uh, what was all that up there then?"

"She was trying to push your buttons. Obviously it worked."

"And I'm just supposed to believe you haven't slept with the hot blonde who throws herself at you every chance she gets?"

"You don't have to believe me, but it's the truth. I've never had any sort of sexual relationship with any female in my pack."

"So what, you're a virgin!?"

That I just physically could not believe.

"No, I'm not a virgin. I've been with human women before," Kane replied with a chuckle.

"Well why no werewolves?"

"Because I think it is unfair to show favoritism to any of the women in my pack. When I decide to be with a werewolf she will be my mate."

"Hmmmmmm..."

"I'm serious Cassie, and also it's different being with a werewolf. Being with a human woman is fun, but it never feels right, not completely anyways. Humans aren't us and instinctively we sense that. Like dogs and wolves, similar, but never exactly like you. When I finally decide to mate... I actually want it to be something special."

I wasn't sure what to say to that. I felt like Kane had just given me a glimpse of a very private part of him and I didn't want to disrespect that. I also didn't know what it meant then that Kane had been all over me a second ago.

"Well... I still have a boyfriend. So maybe you aren't a terrible person, but I am."

"I don't think that you would have done this if you hadn't been turned. I'm sure you can feel it, the stronger your werewolf side becomes the less connected to Aidan you feel? It's not your fault it's just a fact of our lives."

I could tell Kane was trying to make me feel better, but werewolf mumbo jumbo aside I shouldn't have kissed Kane, now or any of the times before. Hell, if I was being honest not only was I cheating on Aidan but also Jason. I was technically still married. Something I tried my hardest to forget about. It was difficult to send divorce papers to someone when you were terrified of them knowing where you are.

I slid down the wall until I was crouched on the floor with my head in my hands. I didn't know how I had let things get this far. I shouldn't have ever begun to date Aidan in the first place, not because I cared anything about Jason, but because it wasn't right to Aidan. And now here I was kissing another man I wasn't even sure I liked. I couldn't deny there was something between us, but I didn't know what that something was.

"This whole time I've been mad at you like this attraction between us was your fault, but I've felt it just as much as you have. I've just been lying to myself so I wouldn't feel bad. I'm sorry I've been such a t-total bitch, though you kind of deserved some of it when you kidnapped me and all."

"How many times do I have to tell you..." he trailed off at the look on my face and grinned. "Maybe I didn't handle it the best I could have, but honestly it was as strange for me as it was for you!"

I laughed a little at that.

"I suppose I can be a little hardheaded at times."

"A little? I have never met anyone quite like you, Cassie," Kane said with a laugh.

"I get that a lot. So, where does this leave us? I mean obviously you don't actually like me. And I'm a little confused about my romantic life at the moment."

"Actually, the problem is that I do like you. I find your stubborn, crass, arrogant, take-no-shit attitude amusing. It's nice to actually have someone who isn't either afraid of me, or too respectful to be straight with me. The problem is Cassie, that I don't really trust you. I don't think you mean me or mine any harm, but the fact is you're not loyal to this pack. It scares me."

"Why does that scare you?"

"Because I have never wanted something before for just myself and not the pack."