The Separation!

Amanda's POV

November 15th 2019, the day Caleb and I were finally going to be separated for the first time in forever, literally! The day I told him was a hard day but after that we decided to make it last as long as we could, but honestly trying to prepare myself for this day was the hardest thing to do. He's my best friend for crying out loud, I love him more than anything. It was 10 am and Caleb was at my house to say our last good byes and neither of us were ready for this, you could feel the tension in the air and you could taste the sadness in the air... it was a gloomy but sunny day. Moving across the state didn't seem like a big thing to everyone but for Caleb and I it was like asking us to stop breathing, because we were living without each other. But we had to be professional about it and hold in tears. We were at the airport and we had to say our final goodbyes... I looked at Caleb and his eyes were already watering... I couldn't hold mine in either so I just went in for a hug and he held me tight. I could feel his pain...I was feeling it too... this is something that was impacting us hard. I was finally on the plane, but in tears... I wish I could turn back but it was too late, I couldn't do anything anymore. I fell asleep the whole plane ride and managed to get to my new house in no tears but i began to think about Caleb and i busted into tears again until falling asleep...

Caleb's POV

The day was here... the day Amanda was leaving for good. I was trying to avoid this day by making our other days last longer... but it didn't work. I wasn't ready to let her go, I wasn't ready to try to talk to anyone else, I wasn't ready to not have anyone near to talk to when I need them. But I had to do what I had to do, I had to let Amanda go an d live her life without no matter how much it hurt me... We got to the airport and my stomach became knots and my eyes began to tear and I haven't even said bye yet... I was a total mess, I was weak when it came to Amanda. She had all of her stuff and it was time to say bye or until next time... she saw my eyes and how I was about to cry so she just came in for a hug and we just stood there crying... she finally had to leave and I didn't know how to let her go... I couldn't... I couldn't let her leave... but I had to. So I let her go and I saw her leave me... just like that... my best friend, gone. I felt so defeated I got on the floor to cry. It was the first time I cried like that for anyone, and if I did that person must be really special. I finally managed to get up and into my car to drive myself home, where I locked myself in my room and cried a little more. My parents tried giving me to eat but I wasn't hungry at the moment so I just sat in my room thinking things I shouldn't, I was torturing myself. So I went to go eat and take a shower and I managed to calm down which was good. Since I was clam I sent a message to Amanda and asked if she was safe and if she was doing ok. No response... I asked her if she missed me and if she could call me... No response... I don't know what got into me but I was just sad she didn't answer and i began to cry... I ended up giving up and falling asleep.