nine.

<rae>
"rae you gotta be nicer to riley," my dad was giving me another lecture which i hated. he needs to stop, "she's nice to let you live here right? it's not my fault your mom isn't in a condition to look after you right now."

"dad, i'm sorry. i don't know what got into me," i pulled the whole 'it's not my fault thing' although it is. i meant what i said. my parents belong together, i can't go around everyday getting bullied about my parents because i just can't stand it...so i hurt people to make myself feel better. dad just doesn't know yet.

"it's alright sweetie just don't do it again," he said slowly, "riley has gone through more than you can even imagine. she hurt a hell of a lot because of me and i can't let anything like this happen again."

"i'll be more careful," i said dully and gave him a hug, "so where's that courtney girl?"

"probably with riley. i think we are gonna watch a movie tonight would you like to join us?" he asked me kindly but i declined.

once he left i pulled out my backup phone and charged it. there's no way i was going without a phone. also before you think 'this chick is rich' i'm not. i'm far from it. this is just an old phone i use when i get grounded.

my dad doesn't understand me, my mom always did though. i get bullied because of my parents, how my dad doesn't care about my mom. how he only cares about riley and i want her to pay. my mom told me that she was depressed and stuff but is doing better now? i'm not quite sure but she can't just go on ruining people's family's.

<back to rileys>
"hey james, d-do you think it's alright if i skip out on the movie? i-i'm not feeling well," i asked nervously and he just nodded.

"don't worry, me and court will be fine. i'm sorry if this is about rae," he gave me a reassuring smile and i went into my bedroom.

it was just me and my thoughts right now. i never thought i'd be back with james, i thought ross was the one. boys always have confused me though so i don't know. i love james though but does he love me? i don't know. emily has stopped talking to me recently, that sucks. i could really use my big sister right now...and it's not like i have a friend to talk to. james was my friend, now he's not. ross was my friend, now he's moved on. i can't talk to james' siblings, that's weird. i can't talk to court she doesn't get it and she's busy. i can't talk to rae because she will call me weak. i guess i'm just all by myself right now.

"hey riley," of course it was rae walking into my room, "thinking about ways to breakup with my dad? can i help?" she giggled as i rolled my eyes, "he loves my mom you know."

"it wouldn't surprise me honestly," i mumbled and she looked at me shocked, "what? surprised i'm believing you?"

"yeah sort of. why wouldn't you be surprised?" damn she's noisy.

"ashley is prettier than me," i sigh and look at her, "you're even prettier than me."

"n-no i'm not," rae replied nervously, "you're beautiful riley."

"you're just saying that out of guilt," i sat up on the side of my bed as she sat beside me.

"no i'm not, you are pretty," she said seriously.

"thanks i guess," i mumble and bite my lip, "is there something you wanted raelynn? i don't feel good, you shouldn't get sick."

"do you have the flu?" she asked. why is she caring all of a sudden?

"no..?" i said more as a question.

"then i can stay," rae replied simply and i just rolled my eyes, "now why are you upset? i mean i get that i was rude and...i-i'm sorry it just feels like you broke my family apart."

"i'm sorry raelynn, i shouldn't have gotten back with james, i mean your dad. you guys were probably a happier family then mine was," i mumbled looking down.

"what's wrong riley?" rae was getting anxious that i wouldn't tell her but i was scared. everything is crashing down around me and this is the one thing i've kept to myself...but what happens if i let it get out?

"n-nothing raelynn, how about i-i just go to sleep?" i desperately try and change the subject.

"tell me all your problems. i know i was rude but now you're sort of my mom, i can't believe this but i really do care. you don't seem fine so you either can tell me everything or i'll go get dad," she said sternly and i looked down.

"fine," i sighed, "it all started about 17 years ago i guess? wow i'm old, anyways, i walked in on your dad cheating on me. i was heart broken and i couldn't stand it. well, i was just really sad, then i met ross, and he made me feel better. actually he didn't at first, i barely knew him...but then he became my bestfriend...me and your dad got married and then..w-we divorced. then i had my daughter courtney, and ross was her father, not by dna, he just treated her like his own. i loved that guy...i really did...t-then he cheated...and now here i am."

"there's more and i can tell," she was ruthless, she didn't want to give up until she knew everything.

so i explained everything about the 'dream' about adrien and just everything, it honestly felt good to get it all out...well except this one thing but...it doesn't matter.

"wow," was all she could reply with. at this point i felt like crying, "i'm sorry riley," she then pulled me into a hug, "i feel like you still aren't telling me something," she mumbled into the hug.

i just shrugged it off, "thank you for listening raelynn-"

"you can call me rae," she said sweetly pulling away, "mom."

i blushed, "thank you for listening rae...i really needed to get that all out."

"you feel better?" she asked.

"a little i guess," i chuckled.

then james walked in looking tired out, but his expression changed once he saw us, he was smiling so big.

"now before you say anything," rae began speaking, "you better not mess things up with her, she's a keeper dad. plus mom has been through a lot so if you hurt her in anyway i swear, blood or not i will beat your ass."

me and james both laughed and then rae left the room leaving us alone.

"it's great that all my girls are getting along," he said laying down beside me touching my arm which made me flinch, "hey you alright?"

"y-yep. goodnight, love you," i kissed his cheek then rolled over.

he can't find out now, not yet anyways.

what happens in the next chapter is so random but i'm trying to make this interesting.
- lovinqbritt