eight.

first off; telling courtney about james.
i think she will take it good, she loves james.

we are all sitting at the table eating breakfast when james speaks up, "court we got something to tell you."

"what is it?" she replied, not really caring.

"well you see sweetie, james is your dad, your real dad," i said and her expression didn't change.

"oh i already knew that. brice told me," she just shrugged and ate her food.

"are you happy about it?" james asked her.

"yeah, you're better than that dick, ross," courtney said...and she swore? what the heck she's only four!

"courtney!" i got mad at her.

"sorry mom but you can't even lie. ross cheated on you, i heard the conversation. he's a dick and we all know it," she just shrugged her shoulders while my jaw dropped.

"where did you learn that word?" i asked still surprised.

"ross said it about daddy," she said sadly and i just looked down, "is he moving out?"

"yes sweetie," i said while i heard my phone going off. it was him and i was terrified, "hey james, can you take court into the living room while i answer this?"

he just nodded and did as i said as i answered the phone, "finally you picked up!" he said right away.

"y-yeah i picked up," i bit my lip trying not to cry. just the sound of his voice hurt my heart.

"how are you feeling? how is courtney?" he asked, as if he cares.

"how's that sweet girl you got there is the real question, is she good in bed?" i chuckled a bit as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"what? what are you talking about baby?" he said very confused.

"you know ross, the girl you are smacking on while i'm here being the loyal person and waiting for you," i wiped the tear away as james walked in.

"h-how did you find out?" he asked sadly and i sighed.

"your sister."

"i'm sorry riley."

"no you're really not and you know it. you thought i wouldn't find out and you could come back to me like you did nothing, like no one would know. h-how could you live with yourself sleeping with me knowing that you cheated and if i found out it would break my heart?"

"at the end of the day it doesn't matter riley," ross said, with no emotion, "everyone does bad things. everyone regrets stuff. everyone falls in and out of love and it's not my fault this happened. it's not my fault you weren't good enough, because if you wanted to be with me you would've came with me instead of staying there with that dumbass."

"i-i'm not good enough?" i asked shocked and very hurt.

"no. you're not. the girls here are way better just face it, they're cuter, smarter and they just can do a lot more than you can," he replied simply.

"oh like what? make you cum faster or something?" i scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"daddy what's 'cum'?" courtney asking james making us both laugh. i slowly walk upstairs to my room and lock the door. i just need to get this over with right?

"james is there huh?" ross asked.

"y-yeah," i replied nervously.

"why him? why do you love him? he hurt you."