We'll Make This Work (Phan Fiction)

A/N: Hi! This is my first story and fanfic so don't kill me if it's rubbish! xDD

Phil's POV

Great. School starts again today. I hate school, and not just for the obvious reasons. I am bullied. A lot! Everyone hates me. I don't even know what it's like to have friends. I slowly push the covers off me and sit up. Another year of pure hell! I put my feet on my soft carpeted floor and stand up. I glance over at the clock and realise I'm going to be late. I get dressed quickly and run downstairs, saying goodbye to my mum as I leave the house.

 As I walk through the school gates, I notice a brown haired guy leant against the wall. He must be new. Great. Another person to beat me up and make fun of me.

 "Look! The faggot fancies the new kid!" a voice shouts behind me. I realise I'm staring at him and look away quickly, feeling a blush spreading across my face.

 Someone pushes me to the ground and the bullies start kicking me and calling me names. I curl up into a ball, trying to protect myself from the pain. I hear the bell from inside school and the bullies run off.

 "Are you OK?" a voice says. I slowly lift my head up to see who it was. The new guy was knelt over me. I was shocked. No-one had ever tried to help me before.

 "I'll be fine," I manage to croak and he stands up.

 "I'm Dan," he says, helping me to my feet. "What's your name?"

 "Phil," I say. "You should go. You don't want to be caught helping me or you'll be beaten up too."

 "I can live with that," he says, smiling sweetly. Gosh, he's so cute!

Dan's POV

I lean against the wall, watching people walk in through the gates, chatting with their friends. I hope this shool will be better. I'm not going to make the same mistake I did at my last one. I don't think I will be able to cope if things get as bad as they did there. I roll up the sleeves of my top and examine the scars. There's a whole range of them. Some from when I'd only just started cutting up to the fresh ones from last night. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and I get it out. It was a text from my dad saying 'You'd better not let me down this time!' I sighed and looked up from my phone just in time to spot a black haired guy walking through the gates. He looks at me and I pretend to be looking at my phone.

 "Look! The faggot fancies the new kid!" a scary looking guy shouts, pointing at the black haired boy who blushes and stops staring at me. I pretend I don't notice.

 "That's fine by me," I mutter under my breath. I know I'm supposed to push my homosexual feelings away but I just can't help it. He's so perfect. I feel myself blushing a bit and look back down at my phone.

 Suddenly, I hear a smack and look up to see the black haired boy curled up on the ground being kicked by the scary looking guy and his friends. The bell goes and the bullies run into school laughing and high-fiving each other.

 I slowly make my way over to the boy on the ground. When I reach him I kneel down next to him.

 "Are you OK?" I ask. He lifts his head up to look at me.

 "I'll be fine," he croaks. I stand up. I don't think that's true.

 "I'm Dan," I say, helping him up. "What's your name?

 "Phil," he says. That's such a cute name. "You should go. You don't want to be caught helping me or you'll be beaten up too." I know I need to pretend to be fearless, even if what he just said is scaring me to death. I really don't want to be beaten up.

 I put on my sweetest smile and say, "I can live with that."

 "Come on. You don't wanna be late on your first day do you?" Phil says as he shows me to my classroom.