Before

"Brother! Look at me! Look at me!" 

The little girl cried from were she sat on the tallest branch of the oak tree in her backyard.  Her brother, not particularly interested, waved absentmindedly at her from below, not bothering to glance up from his book. 

"Yes, Yes, how nice." He said with no effort to sound energetic.

They did not look alike. someone passing by would not even consider that they might be related. The boy, who had just became a proud thirteen year old, had thick brown hair that had been grown out in an attempt to hide the birthmark on his neck that he himself considered revolting to look at.  His face was lined with sharp edges from the lack of an appetite and made his dull skin seem to stretch across the bones as if it were made of rubber.

The girl however was not the same. At the bright young age of six, she seemed to beam with a youthful glow. Her hair was a shocking white that had startled her parents, who could not find an explanation for the strange color. It was thick and shining as it fell in wispy strands all the way down to her knees. Though easy going by nature, she threw a fit when anyone came near her with a pair of scissors in hand, ready to cut it. This however had not stopped her from taking a pair herself and attempting to cut bangs that would match that of the heroin from her favorite picture book. Her nanny had nearly fainted at the sight of the pointy, uneven hair that now fell across her forehead and into her eyes. The girl was someone that you could easily call cute and knew without a doubt would become an unforgettable beauty in the future.

What happened next was predestined. One of those events that you are quite sure would never happen, but of course in an attempt to turn the tables life makes sure that a set of events line up perfectly to create one strange situation. 

The girl, in a daring attempt to see even further, fearlessly stood up on the branch on which she had called to her brother from. As she touched the trunk, to keep her balance, she noticed a hole that was quite large. The hole had not been there a moment ago...

"I wonder if there are any bird families." She said curiously. "Hello? Mr. bird?" 

No reply came. She stuck her head into the hole, hoping to get a better look but did not find anything. There was nothing. only darkness. Had this tree always been hallow? But she did not have time to consider this because she suddenly realized that she was falling. She did not remember slipping or even how the event of her fall began but the girl decided that there was nothing she could do about it now that it had already been done. 

Thus, began Allis Riddle's bizarre story. Though, she would not remember it until much, much later.