Chapter 16

*VALERIE'S POV*

It's strange dating someone like Harry Styles. Strange because I never imagined myself dating someone as big as him. Most of the times, I couldn't imagine myself with anyone at all to be honest.

But Harry has proven to me that I am worth it to be someone's girlfriend. He's treated me so kindly and made me feel special. He could have any girl in the world, yet he chose me.

I still don't know what about me made him attracted to me. Maybe because I was more of a challenge to him? I bet he's not used to being rejected or disliked.

Even though I'm like his 20th girlfriend...wait, 20th girlfriend? Is he going to date me, then dump me like the rest of the girls? What if we don't even last that long and he moves on the girlfriend #21?

But he told me...he told me himself he wanted to prove to me that can change for the better, for us. But it scares me that I'm his 20th girlfriend. And the fans! I've seen the hate they've sent to his past girlfriends. It scares me how cruel and vicious people can be.

I feel like I'm going to regret saying 'yes' to being his girlfriend. All this thinking is making my head spin. I need to go lie down for a minute.

"Val, are you alright?" I heard someone ask me. I turned to the person at the door and realized it was only Niall.

"I'm fine," I lied. "Just tired. What time is it?"

"It's 5:00, almost time for your flight. Are you sure you're okay?" he asked once more.

"Yeah...well no. Niall, I'm afraid of dating Harry. I just realized I'm his 20th girlfriend."

"Yikes. If I was someone's 20th boyfriend, I would be afraid too. But you're different from the other girls he's dated Valerie. I think you're the one that can change him, you know? You should've seen him when he was dating Wendy. That was his longest relationship."

"How long was it?"

"8 months I think?"

"Wow.."

"Yeah and the break up was pretty bad too. He was- oh shit, I think I'm telling you too much. But anyway, we're all going to drop you off at the airport soon."

I nodded and stared at the ceiling until it was 5:20. I sat next to Harry in the van, but kept quiet. I couldn't stop thinking about Wendy. Will I ever be able to make Harry happy like she did? Or at least last as long as them like they did? 8 months is a long time.

"C'mon Valerie, we're here," Harry said to me. I wish I could stay with Harry for a little bit longer, but stupid college is keeping me away from him.

One day I become his girlfriend, and the next I'm leaving him. But he'll be back in the states soon, and in time for my birthday too.

While waiting for my flight to be called, Harry held my hand the whole time. I liked the feeling of holding his hand, especially when he would rub his thumb on mine.

"Are you alright? You were awfully quiet on the way here. And you still are," he said to me.

"I'm just...I'm just not ready to leave you, that's all." I wasn't lying to him about the exact reason why I've been quiet, but I was telling the truth about not being ready to leave him yet.

"It's going to be alright babe, I'll come back for you, remember?"

"I know, I know, but that's a long time Harry."

"We'll Skype and text and call and hell, I'll even write you letters if I have to!" He kissed my forehead, leaving a smile on my face.

"Now boarding flight 232," the lady on the intercom said.

"Well, that's my flight guys."

Everyone stood up to hug me and say goodbye to me. My emotions were getting to me, making me want to cry, but I kept it in. That is, until it was time to say goodbye to Harry.

"Hey, babe don't cry. Don't think of it as a goodbye. Think of it as a...see you later."

I nodded and tried wiping my tears away. I can't believe I'm crying right in front of him. The paparazzi are probably getting loads of photos right now.

"I'll see you later then," I said to him with a forced smile. I kissed him and made my way onto the plane.

"Hey! You can't just kiss me and leave!" I heard him yell. I couldn't help but laugh a little, payback's a bitch.

✄-----------------------------------------✄

*AUTHOR'S NOTE*

FINALLY UPDATED THIS OMFG

Hope you enjoyed it!! :)