Chariot Ride: Saorsie

District 9 is grain. Grain. What can you wear that relates to grain except plastering seeds all over your body?

Well, according to our stylists, nothing. So that's us now. I hate it. I'm basically just naked with seeds glued to me, and so is Tyger. It's disgusting, and I feel horribly exposed. We're going to be the laughing stock of the chariot ride. 

We're sprayed gold, as well. But not a pretty, rich gold. A light, grainy kind of gold. I want desperately to squirm and wriggle, to cover myself. But no, our mentor has told us to keep hold of each other's hands.  It's cringeful, really. Attention grabbing, but in a bad way.

All I can see from my position is screaming Capitol citizens, probably deciding which tributes to sponsor right now, and the back of the District 8 chariot.

District 8's outfits are much better than 9. The girl is slinky and curvy, with a tight, short, sleeveless patchwork dress. It looks beautiful, with some glittery squares, some with pictures on, some flowery, some stripy. The boy is wearing the same pattern, but in a suit and trousers. His hair is left natural, with tufts sticking up all around his head. Maybe to make him look vulnerable. I suppose they all tie in with the 'textiles' theme quite well. 

"Stupid stylists," hisses Tyger, leaning close to me, "They could have at least given us underwear or something."

I nod and squeeze his hand, not moving my vision from the crowd.

I have another thought, suddenly. Maybe the Capitol will take pity on how stupid and embarrassing we look and sponsor us. But then again, if we look stupid, will they really care if we live? Will they want to waste money on us?

Right now, I'm not so proud of the grain District.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I'm too lazy to do 2 POVs of the chariot ride...soz. XD