10: Goodbyes

(So this chapter may be a bit longer than your liking, but hopefully not. I have decided that Acacia's life is set in California, because well that's easy to remember. Feel free to correct me in the comments if I might of /and or have stated the wrong place some place in the story. Also sorry if this chapter sounds too Romeo and Juliet (IE: young love) ,but I have been reading it in 9th grade English and I quite like the work, so I truly do apologize if it does sound too similar to the writing styles of the great Shakespeare. Please leave feedback, as it really does help me a lot and I love hearing from you guys. Much love x)

It was night time and Veah and I had finally gotten some privacy, just to hangout and talk to each other.

We sat in our rooms on the bed, watching crappy cable TV, since there was nothing else to do.

"Cacia?" Veah spoke to me for the first time in a while.

"Yes?" I asked, fully directing my attentions towards.

"Can I say something honestly? Even though it may hurt you."

I nodded, scared about what she was about to say.

"I love you to the moon and back" she teared up a bit, "but I don't think I can live with you for much longer."

"Veah" I said shocked.

"No listen," she cut me off "you're too much like mom and it's killing me so much."

Those words absolutely stunned me. I knew I was a little bit like mom, but I would've never thought my sister would sensed it enough that she wouldn't want to be around me.

I nodded, "that's understandable".

"I think I'm going to live with our second cousin, Danielle. I've met her and I think she's the best option." She sobbed.

"That's great Veah, I'm glad that you've found someone." I half smiled, knowing that I probably won't see Veah for a long while.

"And I know I said I don't know if I can stand living with you, but if you need me I'm willing to try." She smiled a bit, trying to bargain with me.

"Veah, I'm not going to torture you. I've already decide on a person as well." I admitted, not actually knowing if someone had told her yet.

"Who?" She asked, confused.

"I didn't ask for any information, but he's our brother." I said, waiting for her reaction.

"We've got a brother?" She asked shocked.

"I don't know much about him at all, but I was told that I'd like him." I said, hoping she wouldn't freak out.

"I think that you need to live with him" she demanded, "get to know our brother for the both of us."

Then we laughed, for the first time in a while.

The next day

"Girls, change of plans. You've got to pack now." The caretaker said, waking us up from our sleep.

I groaned. 

Veah sat up with a blanket wrapped around her.

"You've got to me kidding me? I haven't even had the chance to say goodbye to my sister" I frowned.

"I know, but it's not my choice. It's the administrator, he's got a few kids that need housing and you two are the soonest to leave." The lady answered, I could tell she felt sorry for the two of us.

"When do we have to go?" I asked, hoping she'd give us the afternoon.

"Well it's nine in the morning right now and your planes leave around three o clock." The lady mumbled.