Chapter 2

An hour or so later, I awoke to the sound of a loud television. "Oh, sorry if I startled you," said the nurse. "I accidently put the volume up. We knew you would wake today so i turned on the TV for you," the nurse explained. "Oh ok, thank you though for turning it on," I replied. She smiled, gave me the TV remote and walked out. I really didnt feel like watching the television since i began to remember why I ended up here in the first place. Well look where my curiosity go me, in a hospital with a- well i don't know whats wrong with my foot. I called for a doctor and a nurse came in. "Did I break my leg? Hurt it badly, or?," I questioned.

"Oh you just broke you leg. You should be leaving on crutches later this afternoon," replied the nurse.  With that she walked out. I remembered that blob of pure darkness, I mean you couldn't even see through it. It seemed so desirable, so beautiful to me for some reason. I couldnt stop thinking about it now; Whether I ignored it or was focused on something lese it would always be floating at the back of my mind. " *clears throat*," someone said. I was in deep thought that I didnt see my father who was standing right in front of me." Oh sorry dad," I apoligized. " It's alright, guess you were thinking about something important, huh?," he said. I nodded and glanced down at his arms, he was holding some crutches."Those for me?". "Yeah of course. Try them out lets see if they're your size." My father brought them over to the bed as I stood up ever so gently, hoping I didnt hurt my leg. He helped me get them under my arms and onto my feet.I stood up, on the floor this time: I was a little wobbly, guess it will take some geting used to. I lunged my crutches forward, slipped and would have fallen if my dad wasn't there." Woah, easy there Drew," my dad said smiling. His hair was in its usual style today, slightly combed up to the left. Though, his clothes were a bit wrinkly, but he was dressed decently in his black polo shirt and sky blue jeans. I smiled when I saw his shoes, he was wearing my moms shoes for some reason.

" Whats so funny?," he asked. "Well you are wearing moms shoes," I replied. " Well I don't know where mine went, so I put hers on in a hurry. You know, didn't wanna be late to see you at the hospital"."Alright, alright," I replied. Just speaking of my mother made me a little sad since I hadnt fully recovered from my loss. Its only been a few weeks since she passed. My dad noticed my depressed expression and just patted me on the back.

" I know, I know its tough. I miss her too, but trust me things will get better I promise. I mean they always do, when my father passed away I was depressed just like you are now. Then I met your mother, had you and things got better," he explained. " But now shes gone too," I said, my voice a little cracky. "Hey, now don't talk like that. You have to be positive not negative. In time you'll be happy," he replied. "You're not gonna go to school today or tomorow, to give you a chance to accustom to your crutches, alright?" I nodded, no school, well that sounds good to me. Only downside is the make up work, but everything good has a downside to it.I told my dad to go out and withdraw me from the hospital. I didn't want him to see me fail on crutches. I walked slowly this time, making sure i didn't slip. I inched my way towards the hallway, im slow but im making progress.I was just out the door when I noticed the blob of darkness quickly go down the hallway. Just it passing by was enough to send me off my feet. Here we go again, me slipping." Oh, do you need help?" asked a Doctor. I shook my head in reply. I got up one foot at a time and got the crutches back on;It was difficult but i overcame it. I peeked around the corner of the doorframe expecting to see the darkness swoop past me once again. I saw my dad and followed out towards the car. Once I was in the car, it was surprisingly clean. he hardly ever cleans it. I stroked the bottom of the car to see if there were any wrappers. Nothing there, I raised my hand and noticed a black circle on my arm. It was a malformed circle, blobby and spiky. That wasn't there before though. Then I remembered when the darkness swooped past me, it must've apeared or got on me somehow. Now im starting to worry, not if I have a disease though. This can't all possibly be real, it can't, right? . Im starting to worry about my sanity.