Chapter 5: Confusion is Key

Note: Sorry for not updating in a bit, had quite a bit of schoolwork.

--------------------------------------------------------

I think daddy will like this new look, I mean I do! I went into the kitchen and found my dad making a sandwich. " Hiya pops! Whatcha think of this new look! My dad glanced up and dropped the jar of mayonnaise he was holding. I ran towards the jar and caught it before it met its fate. " Ohooo, im fast too. Whats next?," I said maniacally. What the hell are you doing? You're a psycho, control yourself. I tryed to take back control but my insanity was too strong. "Drew.... what the fuck happened?!" he said shocked. I smiled and without thinking I lunged at my father and brought the jar down on his head. " Heheheh, you overreacted," I said. With that I placed my hand on his chest and let the darkness enter his chest. The sound of cracking came from within his body and the darkness left his body, returning to me.

" No! Leave me alone!"

" Oh I believe its too late for that"

" No... its never too late"

" Well when we've meddled with your loved ones, I think its too late"

" What are you talking about?"

To the sound of fingers snaping I awoke.

I awoke once again soaked in sweat with a pounding chest. The sky was clouded with darkness and I figured I had slept into the night. I stood up and nearly fell. I was on the roof, how the hell did I get here? All I remember is being overpowered by darkness and looking in the mirror...

I quickly glanced down at my body, okay I was back to normal. Now all thats left is finding a way down. Jumping wouldnt work, I would surely break something. Then it snapped, I had a trampoline in the backyard. Sure am glad I didnt sell that at the yard sale last month. Ever so gently I made my way to the lowest point on the roof. I slowly slid down onto my porch and could make out the trampoline. Thankfully it was at a reachable distance. With that I jumped, letting my fear of heights slip away. BOING! Ill admit I was kind of expecting to bounce back really high into the air, like in the cartoons. I landed with no trouble but I felt some pain in impact. Lying there I stared at the dark sky and took note at how beautiful it looked. The stars were bright as they usually are, but they felt special today. Huh, weird. Remembering it was late I jumped off and slipped inside.

"Yo, dad. Im back. I know you think I left without permission but I can explain," I said. No reply, so I went up the stairs. " Um, hello? Dad?," I called out. I tried opening the door to his room but it was locked. I knocked for a bit, but no one came to the door. He must have gone out, I assumed. I walked down the hallways to my room and to my surprise it was locked. Why my dad would do this, I have no idea. I tried opening the guest room, but nothing. Great, im sleeping on the coach. Knowing my dad, hes probably out with his friends as he is from time to time. The thought faded and sleep enveloped me.

I awoke to a loud bang. Startled I looked around the room, eyes darting back and forth. I immediately went for the lights, but they didnt turn on. Automatically, I took out my phone and launched my flashlight app.

"Drew....Drew....Its been a while," a disembodied voice spoke. It was the same voice I had heard the first night I had a strange nightmare. " Look I know you're worried, but we are just here to make you a better person. After all pain and suffering makes strong people"." Why are you doing this to me just please leave me alone," I said with a mix of fear and anger. " Oh well then we have a problem, because we are never leaving you alone. A brute force slammed into my head and I fell onto the floor.