Chapter 12

(Above is my own crappy sketch of Monster!angel Tom from he last chapter. If you wondering why his blood and colors were black and green and not black and purple like normal, it's because green is the color of jealousy and envy.)

Tord sighed softly as he finally finished patching up the right side of his face, his shadow arm, and Tom's upper arm wound. He sat in front of his house's fireplace and relaxed, tying to ignore the burning pain in his face. He slowly unwrapped and opened his damaged eye and gently to touched it with his hand, feeling blood and pain. He guessed that it was either pulled out or ripped open. Either way, he would be blind in it forever. Whatever. He still had five functioning eyes that he could see clearly out of.
He looked over to see Tom stir slightly in his sleep and open one of his black eyes. He slowly raised his head up before Tord patted the side of it, signaling for him to lay back down.

"Tord? What.... what happened?" Tom stuttered out, his voice dry. Probably from all of the roaring.
"You don't remember? You turned into a monster and almost killed me until I calmed you down." Tom nodded at him as the memories slowly flooded back to him. Tord looked away from him and into the fireplace, which he had lit on fire.
"Why did you turn into that thing, anyways?"
"Because...." Tom trailed off. "I guess I was jealous."
"Of who?"
"Well, the girl you were flirting with."
Tord blushed softly and looked back at Tom.
"Do you remember what I told you to calm you down?"
"No. What was it?" Tom asked, smirking softly. He did, indeed, remember what he had told him. And Tord knew this, but he decided to say it again anyways.
"I love you." Tord stated and smiled softly. Tom smiled back.
"Well, I love you too." Tom replied and Tord chuckled, laying down next to Tom.
"Is your arm doing ok?"
"It burns, but I'm ok. What about your face?" Tord shrugged softly.
"Well, it burns like a bitch, but I'm ok. And I won't be able to use my eye anymore."
"I'm sorry..."
"It's fine. It wasn't you attacking me."
"Yes it was."
"You weren't in control." Tord stated and got up.
"Where are you going?"
"I have some herbs growing outside that deal with pain. I'll be right back." Tord replied and walked outside of the hut. After a few moments, hevame back with a handful of fluffy looking leaves.

"Here, eat these." Tord handed Tom some and the angel slowly sat up.
"Are you sure these aren't poisonous?" Tom asked, looking at the leaves.
"Nope? They aren't. See?" Tord said and popped a few into his mouth, chewed, and swallowed. He even opened his mouth afterwards to show Tom that he had indeed swallowed them. "Plus, why would I want to kill you?"
Tom shrugged at his words and eat the leaves himself before laying down again. Tord layed down next to him again, but behind him.
"What are you doing?" Tom asked, turning his head around to see the eldritch. Tord smirked softly.
"Just letting ya get the warmth of the fire." He stayed and Tom rolled his eyes.
"Yeah, right. If you start humping me in the middle of the night, I'm going to slap you." Tom chuckled and Tord's face burned up.
"What the?!? Get your mind out of the gutter!!" Tord screeched and Tom chuckled.
"Whatever." Tom rolled his eyes playfully and layed back down normally. Tord chuckled as well and wrapped his arms around Tom's stomach, pulling him close. The angel smiled at his and closed his eyes, relaxing fully before slipping into a deep sleep.