chapter sixteen

Veronica's pov

I admit that I was beyond crushed When Logan practically rejected me but I got over it. Besides, two could play that game. Let the games begin Mr Alpha. I walked into the club and told Max that I wasn't feeling very good and that I was going home. She didn't seem to mind seeing as how she was preoccupied with some guy and the way they were looking at each other I would say they were mates.

I walked in human form back to the mansion. It was a long walk but I needed the fresh air. The cool breeze whipped my hair in my face and I tucked it behind my ear as I silently stowed. What an ass hole. Any one could only dream to be so lucky as to get me as a mate.

************

I made it back to the mansion in one peace just not in the right state of mind. I was feeling heated by Logan's reaction to us being mates. Oh I still planned to do Max's plan. I was going to seduce him and the moment he falls for me, I will find out what he, and the whole town is hiding and I will break his heart Like he crushed my ego.

I walked into the living room and started the fire, throwing a couple blocks of wood into the fireplace to get it started. I sat in a chair and waited patiently for Logan to get home. He had to come home at some point right?

when Logan finally made it home it was past one and I was getting tired but I managed to keep up my composure. I heard him talking to someone outside. It sounded like a girl. I hurriedly discarded my dress and threw it into the already soaring fire. I was left in nothing but my blood red bra and thong.

Logan came inside, with a blonde girl holding his hand. My wolf growled silently but I managed to keep her in check. I had a glass of wine in my hand. I walked near the door and leaned up against the wall.

"Hey baby I waited up for you, whose that" I asked innocently taking another sip of wine. Logan growled and his eyes turned black from lust as he took in every inch of my body.

"Logan? who is this bitch calling you baby and why is she practically naked?" The blonde screetched out. I could be asking the same thing but I was better than her.

I smiled at her I offered her my hand "veronica" She just stared at my hand but didn't take it.

"look Mary maybe we should do this later." Mary nodded her head and turned to leave, but before she could leave Logan kissed her lightly on the lips.

Logan shut the door and growled like he was upset. I was the one who should be upset here. It's okay I'm game if he is.

"I'm so sorry baby, did I ruin the hookers plans?" I asked with a yawn like I was bored with the conversation.

"what are you doing Veronica, your pathetic you know that" Okay now that hurt but I will not let it get to me.

"really? or are you the pathetic one for lusting over me in front of the poor girl" I smiled. He had a look of guilt. yep that's what I thought. I have you right where I want you Mr. Alpha. You made your turn and now it's time to make mine.

"She's not a hooker, and why are you naked?!" He screamed.

A thought played in my head and I grabbed my phone out from my bra and texted Jake. 'hey come over to the mansion I'll be in my room lover'

"sorry, I actually wasn't waiting up for you." I walked off to my room. I texted Jake back and told him to climb through my window.

When Jake got there I was half asleep but still hardly dressed. "Hey pretty lady" Jake smiled.

" I had a question to ask you" Jake smiled as he crawled into bed with me.

"and what's that beautiful"

"will you be my boyfriend?" I asked while my wolf growled at me in frustration.

***************************************************

Logan's pov

I wasn't surprised that Veronica waited up for me, I was shocked at how she was dressed. Poor Mary had to take in the sights of that. Mary has always had a crush on me growing up but I never acted on it because I was always waiting for my Mate. Now that I found her it didn't make sense for me not to give Mary a try. It's not like I wanted Veronica to be my mate and I planned on rejecting her but every time I would try to think of the sentence to reject her I would have a whole bunch of pain shooting through my heart. It was probably my wolf over powering me.

I didn't have any feelings for Veronica and it was never going to happen. 'yeah keep telling yourself that, denial is one of the first steps to truelove' My wolf spoke to me in my head.

I smelled another wolf in the house and My wolf growled. I ran up to Veronicas room and opened the door to find Jake on top of veronica making out hardcore. I mean tongues were going in and out of each others mouths.

My wolf growled and I mindlinked Jake to Leave. He got up and left out the window, probably the same way he had came in.

"UH you're such party crasher." Veronica groaned, pulling the covers over her face.

Why had I done that, I didn't care who she was with.

'yes you do' My wolf said

'shut the hell up' I growled back at him.