Chapter six

So I was a couple minutes late to detention. You know what they say, the party never starts without you. It was a pretty small room too. Like My fathers bedroom 'small'. Then again there were only three people in here. Man this town was something else. Like the perfect town that hardly got in trouble for anything. "veronica so nice of you to join us" Mrs. Marla, the teacher present for this detention said.

I smiled endearing. I looked at the two other people in the room. One of them was Jake and the other guy I had never met before, but by the look on Jake's face as he glared at the other guy, I could tell it was the person he had gotten in a fight with.

I walked over and sat in front of Jake, turning around in the seat so that I was facing him. "so that's the guy" I smirked.

"what?" he was still glaring at the guy before he turned his attention on me.

"you got in a fight with, that's him right." I said it as more of a statement than a question. He nodded his head.

"yeah that's him alright." Damn still no answers. I swear, it's like you had to go digging around in everyone's past just to get them to tell you anything.

"so? why do you hate him so much?"

I asked, more curious if he would tell me than I was for his answer.

"He slept with my little sister." he grumbled. Okay now I understood. If I had a younger sibling I would probably feel the exact same way. However, I'm glad I don't.

"Veronica, please turn around in your seat. I will bring you all the work you missed so you don't get bored."

"OH my god, like, thank you so much" I said sarcastically. The other guy in the room stared at me. Huh. to my surprise I could sense he was the Beta. Maybe he had a good reason for sleeping with Jake's younger sister. Maybe she was his mate. Probably not though.

He had dark brown hair and green eyes and a dark shadow over his chin like he hadn't shaved in days.

************************************************

The rest of the detention lasted in complete silence as I worked on everything I had missed. It was easy stuff considering I was in advanced classes, back in my other pack. That was more of a challenge, this stuff was like pie.

The bell rung and I hopped out of my seat quickly. I returned my work to Mrs. Marla so she could give them back to my teachers.

it was ten o clock and five hours in study hall was enough school for me for one day. Time to go meet with Max.

I arrived at the Alpha's mansion at about 12 o clock. My father thought I was spending the night with Max which was good because I wouldn't get in trouble for being out past his curfew.

"do we knock" max asked.

"really max? yeah lets knock. Hi I'm veronica and this is my friend max and we were just wondering if we could get into your office and find out everything about you, Alpha Logan"

I said sarcastically.

"you could of just said no." max said glaring at me.

" yeah not really in my nature." I say with a light smile on my face.

Max rolled her eyes. "okay we'll just find a window and push it open." Max nodded her head in agreement.

We walked around the side of the Mansion and saw a window half way open. Talk about easy.

I pushed the window open more and me and max crawled through. We landed on a soft love seat. This must have been the living room.

"wheres his office?" I whispered to Max.

"In the middle of the mansion." she whispered back. Of course it was.

The mansion was so huge. The floors made from oak. The walls were brick but were painted in a gold coating. I'll admit my mouth drooled just looking at it. Hmm how Ironic there his office was and it read 'Alpha's office' talk about pointing things out.

I opened the door and there stood Alpha Logan in a heated argument with none other than the beta. Crap we were so caught. Maybe we should have put our ear to the door to make sure no one was in there.

"Max! this was so not the bathroom" I squealed at in shock. We will have to do a rain check for right now.

"Beta, excuse me I have something to take care of" uh oh.

"should we?..." max said.

"yep" I grabbed her hand and started running toward the door. I wasn't fast enough. I felt myself being grabbed and pushed hard against the wall.

"what are you doing here?" he asked me. He was about three inches away from me and I could feel his breath on my neck as he whispered in my ear, sending hot chills down my spine.

"I was just tr-trying to find the bathroom." Why was I stuttering? I never stutter. But with Logan so close to me it's like I lost all train of thought. His body pressed against me and I gasped.

"you and I both know that's not why your here." The Alpha growled and pulled away from me. "leave"

It took me a moment to clear my head, but I finally walked away trying to hold my head up high. what was all that about any ways?