chapter 4

What I couldn't understand was why my father would threaten to kill me, his only daughter. the scary part was I could see my father killing me. Maybe I was some kind of burden to him.

I was in the kitchen staring into the refrigerator for about ten minutes. "you looking for Antarctica in there" god I could have sworn I jumped about five feet in the air.

"god max don't you people knock!" I yelled. Max turned to leave and I felt so bad. my dad just had me so warped sometimes I forget how to be nice.

"wait Max. I'm sorry I've just been having a bad day" Max turned around and her jaw dropped.

"yeah no kidding, what the hell happened to your face." oh god. I had forgotten all about that.

" oh that, I uh..." quick say something rational. "I ran into a tree when I was out for a run." a tree? really veronica.

Max looked skeptical but she changed the subject anyways and I was greatful. My healing abilities weren't as fast as other werewolves due to the car crash I was in with my mother.

"so were having this party in the woods in an hour and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?" Max said while biting her lip like she was afraid I would say no or something.

"hell yes, now help me pick out an outfit and I will most definitely help you out too" I said while glancing out her poorly made up outfit she had on.

she squealed and gave me a big hug. I felt uncomfortable. no one has ever hugged me before. not since my mom died. Not even my bestfriend Lisa did.

she finally pulled away and we ran upstairs to get dressed.

###############

forty minutes later we were both dressed and shoes on. make up done and hair up. I had on a sexy red dress with high top heels. my bangs were down while my hair was pulled back in a neat bun.

Max had on a dark blue dress with black flip flops on because apparently she doesn't do heels.

"I'd say were smoking hot and ready to go" I smiled at her.

we made our way down the stairs and my dad was in the kitchen. suddenly my heart dropped. "where are you off to without asking?" he barked out.

"dad may I go with Max to her house?" I asked while gritting my teeth together trying my best not to say something to anger him further.

"if you come back past curfew, you will be punished." I nodded my head and left without another word.

me and max walked side by side. we were about ten minutes away.

"so your dad seems scary" Max said. she had no idea of what he was capable of.

"no, not at all" I said sarcastically. my father was many things. scary, was the least of my worries.

"did he hit you?" max asked. well straight to the point.

"I told you, it was a tree" Max stopped walking so i turned to look at her.

"that's what people say who are abused."

I rolled my eyes. "let it go max. we have a party to go to. now come on." max began walking again but I knew she would bring it up again I just didn't know when.

#################

The party was jumping, well the song was anyways. it had a sweet rhythm to it. I stood by the small firepit. A beer in one hand the other was above the fire.

"you know if you stand too close to fire, you are likely to get burned." someone said in my ear.

I turned around too fast to find Logan about an inch from my face. I took a step back.

"what happened to your face." Logan asked almost sincerely.

"what do you care?" I asked. at my other town, no one asked because they already knew. aside from that I wasn't some poor girl that needed help. I could handle myself and everyone just needed to back off!