Chapter 5: How Long You've Been In A Cage

The tower was huge. The Avengers waited as the girl looked around practically in shock and awe. She stares at the windows and inched towards them. Grey sits cross legged starring outside at the city. She pipes up, "Do you always have a view like this?"

Clouds moves over the illuminated city. Slowly the rain fell down, Grey moves to the door on to the porch outside, and stands out side, soon though as Tony, Thor, and Steve join her outside.  Grey is shifted as rain water washes through the top layer of her fur, she doesn't really pay them any attention. Steve reaches a hand out to touch Grey's shoulder, the wolf doesn't move and Thor says to her, voice booming, "Do you feel sad, Lady Grey?"

Grey looks at him and she says to him, "No, I always did like the rain, why would I be sad?"

Tony says to her, "Standing in the rain is usually associated with sadness. Did you know that?"

Tony fears that she knows nothing about the world she lives in, knows nothing about people or life or anything.

Grey looks at him her gravelly shifted voice says to him, "No, not really I grew up in a cage, and an abandoned warehouse complex, I have no knowledge of anything. I guess the rain is nice because I know the rain. I know nothing of this world."

Tony says to her, "What? What do you know?"

The men herd her into the house, she sits on her hunches and they drape a robe over her now wet, and dirty form, "I...I know that humans.... humans had a thing called um, what was it damn I don't remember, I think the first Digital books were just coming out I believe. Maker had been very fond of it."

Tony stares at her in shock and Steven says to Tony, "How long ago was that?"

"Ten almost eleven years ago."

Grey blinks at him saying to them, "Is that a long time?"

Clearly she didn't know just how long that or what it truly meant, Thor says to her, "How old are you Lady Grey?"

"I don't know, um, not very old I think. Maybe um... I think I'm only twenty, just reaching it I believe."

Grey moves to follow Jane, Pepper, and Natasha as they interrupt the conversation for Grey to get a bath.

Tony grabs his whiskey and says to Jarvis, "Jarvis, prepare a room for Grey, and play my music please."

Steve grabs a beer, and Thor does as well, and they three men try to comprehend what the hell is wrong with people?

¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

sorry it's so short, and it's taken a while. I think next chapter I'll bring in everyone's favorite god of mischief. I haven't decided yet. ;)