Chapter 8: Sheep's Clothing Comes In Red, White, and Blue

(I have finally returned to this story. Yeah, I've been gone a while. I was injured, and things were complicated, but I'm back! Yay! time to keep writing. Sorry for the super super long wait. Sorry for the super short chapter as well. I'm just trying to get back into the swing of it all. Hope you enjoy this chapter. And feedback is always welcome.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grey moves her short black hair from her face as she thinks over Natasha's question. Does she ever think she'll mate? Ever find the one she'll love forever? Grey gazes down at her hands while contemplating the question. Humans don't value love the same way wolves do, but from what she understands some do. Love is the most sacred thing wolves have. Grey thinks that maybe one day she could find a mate, but now is not the time. She doesn't even have a  formal name, her own den, or a proper understanding of the world. Grey looks up at Natasha and replies to her friend with her eyebrows furrow and her face holding a look of thoughtful contemplation, "Possibly one day. If I find an individual that can understand,and embrace that to have me is to have me forever. I'd like to have hope."

Loki says to her, "Grey, is anyone ever hurt you, I promise I'll slit their throats for you."

Grey can't help but laugh and smile at Loki, "Thank you, Loki."

Grey hears but doesn't comment on the fluttering of Steve's heart that she hears, or the shift of his emotions that she scents. Steve simply smiles a bit and hides it. However his team sees it and grins as they notice the hope in his eyes at Grey's answer. Tony smiles and exclaims to the room, "Well then, lets get moving avengers."

Its evening when they all leave. Grey questioning Natasha is the first thing that greets Steve's ears a she steps into the living room, "Are you certain about this?"

Grey stands in front of the team facing Natasha while gesturing other outfit. Grey's petite figure is in a red tank top with a pair of navy blue shorts with red heals and a white bow holding her short hair from her face and her lips painted red. She's dressed up in red, white, and blue. Steve stares in awe. Even with her scars are showing, Steve thinks that she's gorgeous. Steve bumps into a side table when he sees her because holy mother of freedom, she's beautiful. Nat, Jane, and Pepper grin like cats that ate the canary at Steve. Grey looks at him with worry, and asks "Steve, are you alright?"

Grey's smile is gentle but she knew the girls' plan.  She isn't a fool. These are Steve's colors, and from his reaction he enjoys her in them. Grey gives shyly and taking a few tips from humans in movies, and lessons on body language from Clint, Loki, Pepper, Jane, and Natasha. Grey does a small turn for Steve and puts her in front of her in an effort make her small frame even smaller with the added action of batting her eyelashes at Steve with a soft smile. Grey immediately looks like the farthest thing from a predator, or at least tried too. Oh, she's still a predator that can't be changed, it's in the way her eyes watch Steve carefully and calculating but her bated eyes and small frame due well to show insecurity. Grey appears sweet and small. Grey questions Steve with the closest thing to sweet and shy as she can get, "How do I look?"

Steve gulps and he clears his throat before speaking, "Beautiful as always."

Grey smiles, "I'm glad. Will you walk with me? I'm a wolf not a doe, and mastering heels is something I have still yet to accomplish. So will you walk with me, and make sure I don't fall?"

Steve nods in reply to Grey's question. He can't speak, his mouth is dry and he thinks he might have swallowed his tongue. Grey grins as she loops her arm with Steve's. Loki fist pumps Natasha, and looks at Jane and Pepper giving thumbs up at them. Clint exclaims to the room dramatically "Can we go now?"

Nat rolls her eyes as she replies to him, "Yes, you impatient pigeon."

Clint yells indignantly, "HEY!"

Tony laughs the entire elevator ride down to the limo.