Fugh-Tallies

I told y'all I have a soulmate au obsession.

Hugh looked down at the black tally mark on his arm. He smiled. At times, this was the only thing that gave Hugh hope. The black tally. Not red, not scarred, but black. That means she is still out there. The one who loves him back. The only one he's ever loved.

The peculiars had scars, too. Of course, Jacob and Emma had matching black tallies, with Emma having a scarred one. Horace has two red tallies, and a black one. Enoch tries to hide his black one, but Hugh has seen it, despite Enoch's efforts to hide it. Enoch doesn't want people to know because he has  a scar, too. Claire and Olive have one red tally each, while Bronwyn has a red one and a scar. Miss Peregrine has never told the story of her three scars. She is too reserved. Millard's tallies and scars are unknown, it seems like a sore subject for him.

After Fiona had fallen, the peculiars noticed Hugh would often jerk his head down and look at his tally, and then look relieved, but sad. He always kept checking. And he was always relieved at the sight of the familiar black tally.

That's not what the peculiars were afraid of. They were afraid of the day it turned scarred.

~~Which hopefully it never does~~~

Sorry for not updating, I've been kinda busy with school and haven't really had ideas. So today I went with a classic soulmate au. Hope you enjoyed!