+6

"Hey, why do you always wear your headphones?" I ask as we are walking down a quiet street. She gives me a hesitant glance, fidgeting with her bracelet.

"Well, it's a long story." Haru replies, trying to avoid the question.

"I've got time," I say smirking, checking my imaginary watch. She looks at me for a few moments, but finally cracks.

"Well, my parents used to always fight when I was younger." She paused, "I used to play music to block them out, that's why they are kinda special to me." She looks up. "My parents eventually split, which is why I moved here with my mom." She finished her story with a long sigh.

"That's interesting," I reply, not knowing what else to say.

+

"You've got a little something right there." I dab

Some ice cream onto her nose

Some ice cream onto her nose. She giggles, trying to put some on my nose as well. After the mediocre start to the day, we decided to have some fun. Our first stop was the ice cream parlor, where we made a mess. We had fun of course, but we still needed to clean it up. We literally laughed the entire time, it was the best day of my life.

Our next stop was the pet store, as much as I tried to, I could not decline Haru's puppy dog eyes. "Look at this one!" She pointed to a small fluffy puppy, looking at me for approval.

I gasp, "It's so cute!" I rarely show my cute side, but today is not one of those days. I get real close to the glass, tapping on it with my fingers. My actions made Haru bust out into a fit of laughter, almost falling to the floor.

"He likes you!" She exclaimed.

+

We spent the rest of the day stopping at random locations, overall enjoying our time. "Thanks for today," Haru hugged me, before heading into her house. I wave as I walk down her driveway, towards the direction of my house. Today was fun, I got to spend some quality time with Haru. I reached my house in a couple minutes, going up to my room and laying down. I sigh, reliving the memories of earlier today. Agh, how I hope we can do that again soon.