Chapter 5: Lunacy

Chapter 5: Lunacy

Clove:

I started screaming. Screaming threats and begs and then I start giggling.

I run past the trees. Ripping at my hair. Ripping some of my hair out.

I start punching tree then throwing rocks. Then I climb a tree and jump off of a branch. When I hit the ground I start giggling again.

I then get up and yell at the tree.

"Why am I not dead!" Then I start kicking the tree. "You... stupid... tree!" Then I run farther.

I collapse on the ground in a fit of sobs. "Cato! please come back to meeee!"

I feel so broken. I try to run, I can't. I try to hide, I can't.

"My name's Clove, his name was Cato. We were from district 2. We were star crossed lovers but nobody knew. Or they knew to late, to change our fate. If we had come clear, would I still be here? I lost my partner, my ally, my best friend, my companion, my fiancée, my beloved, my everything! we were told to be enemies, but that couldn't be, for you see...
He promised together or not at all....
You can't escape your fait. Please kill me. Where am I! Help me! Please God! I don't know where I am! TOGETHER OR NOT AT ALL! NOT AT ALL! NOT AT ALL!!!"

I start laughing like a maniac. Then,i start scream singing.

My first song was directed to Snow.

"I want my innocence back! And if you can't give it to me, I will cut you down.
And I will run you through, with the dagger you sharpened on my body and soul. Before you slit me in two and then devoured me whole."

"I want my innocence back!I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back!"

"I want my innocence back! And if you can't pacify me, I will break your bones! You think I'm bluffing just try me! I will never forget the words you used to ensnare me. Till my dying day,
you'll suffer for this I swear!"

"I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back!"

"And I demand you put my heart back in my hand! And wipe it clean from the mess you made of me! And I require
you make me free from this desire.
And when you leave, I'd better be the innocent I used to be!"

"I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back! I want my innocence back!"

"Why? Who me? Why?"

I start screaming again. Smashing trees with all my power. Punching the rough bark until my knuckles bleed.

My next song is directed to Cato.

"Feet don't fail me now. Take me to the finish line. Oh my heart it breaks every step that I take. But I'm hoping at the gates, they'll tell me that you're mine!"

"Walking through the city streets. Is it by mistake or design? I feel so alone on the Friday nights. Can you make it feel like home, if I tell you you're mine? It's like I told you honey...."

"Don't make me sad, don't make me cry! Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough. I don't know why.... Keep making me laugh, let's go get high. The road is long, we carry on. Try to have fun in the meantime."

"Come on take a walk on the wild side. Let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain. You like your girls insane. Choose your last words, this is the last time, cause you and I, we were born to die!"

"Lost but now I am found. I can see, but once I was blind, I was so confused as a little child. Trying to take what I could get. Scared that I couldn't find all the answers honey."

"Don't make me sad, don't make me cry! Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough. I don't know why.... Keep making me laugh, let's go get high. The road is long, we carry on. Try to have fun in the meantime."

"Come on take a walk on the wild side. Let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain. You like your girls insane. Choose your last words, this is the last time, cause you and I, we were born to die...."

"Come on take a walk on the wild side. Let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain. You like your girls insane! Don't make me sad, don't make me cry! Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough. I don't know why.... Keep making me laugh, let's go get high. The road is long, we carry on. Try to have fun in the meantime."

"Come on take a walk on the wild side. Let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain. You like your girls insane... Choose your last words. This is the last time. Cause you and I, we were born to die."

I slide down a tree with my face in my palms and start crying. I've given up the fight.