That Girl Down the Hall

A.N. Thank you to everyone that has supported and read my story so far. I'm writing this literally seconds after the last so I don't even know if anyone likes this at all, but fuck it. I do whatever the hell I want. Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for reading this far and please comment if you want anything to happen or change in the story.

Shayne

I can't stop thinking about that one girl. She was so beautiful, her wavy blonde hair, her green eyes, the smile that was more beautiful and natural than anywhere in the fucking universe. She was the most exquisite, radiant, stunning girl I'd ever seen. I'd already fallen in love with her, but the only problem was that I didn't want to go out and  blatantly be like, "sup girl, so I just met you like yesterday and I really like you so we should go out." I also didn't know if there was a rule against it so I wasn't going to ask or test my luck I'd just wait for her to come to me and in the meantime I'd be all playful with her. Play flirting. I guess, I don't know what I'm gonna do.

I was happy to know that my room and Courtney's were close, but still down the hall a ways. I knew that if I was going to keep my feelings in check I couldn't let her get in my head too much. I'd have to also be a fair and unbiased referee to keep any suspicions at bay. This was going to a God damned military operation by the way I was going over it in my head.

The teams had been picked and we were going to shoot a few videos throughout the day and the month. Could my will last that long was the question. 

The first week was easy because I didn't really talk to Courtney, but the second week rolled on by and she started to have some in depth conversations with me about how it was being a child star and how she liked that I wasn't a crackhead. She made me laugh and happy. I was falling in love with her and I still had another week to go before we'd go home and continue a normal pro day, I guess.

Courtney 

I was falling in love with Shayne Topp. He's amazing. He makes me laugh with his comments and his impressions which are second to none. His Nick Cage impression gets me every time. Lately it feels like he's keeping his distance from me like he's hiding something from me. It's probably nothing, I'm just getting paranoid.

It was two days before we were leaving the beach house and we'd head back to the Smoffice. I got up early for some reason and I thought that I'd go and scare Shayne while he slept. I crept down the hallway and creaked open his door. I heard water running. Shayne was taking a shower so I thought that I'd wait for him to get out and I'd scare him then. He's been doing it to me the whole trip and I'm not saying that I don't like it, but I haven't gotten him back. 

I walked in the room and sat in his vacant bed. Next to it on the nightstand was a book. It looked like a bible at first, but I picked it up and realized that it was a journal. Without thinking I opened the small black book and flipped to the last written page which was towards the middle of the book. I thought that I'd read through it really quick and he'd never know.

The words that caught my eye shocked me. "Two more days and I'm out of this hell hole. Then I'll tell her. Can I make it though? That's the question. My mental health feels like it takes a blow every time she speaks. I don't know how much more I can take." At the bottom of the page was an equation, C=S=US. That was all I read until I heard the water get turned off. I quickly put the book down and waited by the doorway to the bathroom for my prey.

What did he mean,'my mental health fades with every word.' Should I be complimented or insulted. I decided to just ignore it and wait for him to say what he needs to say. I stopped myself and thought that it was funny how I immediately thought that it was me he was referencing in his journal.

I waited for my prey to come out of the room. I heard him wrap the towel around him and I heard him sigh. I dared myself and snuck a peak into the bathroom. Shayne had his arms outstretched seemingly holding him upright and he was looking down at the floor and he seemed to be sobbing. I couldn't tell. I watched him for a few minutes and I saw a tear fall from his nose to the marble countertop. 

He looked up to the man in the mirror. He looked disgusted at what he saw. Like he wasn't worth something or wasn't good enough. I looked down at his hands which were whiteknuckled and trembling. His eyes we bloodshot and filled with tears. His muscular frame had never seemed so weak. He was normally so strong, I couldn't bear to see him like this so I tiptoed out of his room feeling bad for him. 

The rest of the day I couldn't look at him the same way. He looked and acted so happy and enthusiastic, but it seemed plastered after seeing him crying in the bathroom. Poor guy I hope he gets better.

Shayne

I can hardly stand to look at myself in the mirror. I see nothing but a coward. I look at myself and think that I can't even ask one girl out how will she ever say yes even if I do ask. If she ever saw me like that I don't know if I'd ever live with myself. I'm not a coward, but I can't have her.

Two more days and Courtney hasn't been talking to me today. I don't know why, but I feel more and more empty every passing day. I will barely make it. 

The day goes by in a flash and before I knew it we were in the cars going back home to the Smoffice. I'll tell her when we get back.