Chapter 2

I meet Dillan after last bell.  He has football practice, but not for another half hour, so he can meet me after school and hang out for a bit.  We always meet by "our tree" that is right by the side of the school, but hardly anybody ever goes there.  Thank god it's warm out today.  It was cold the other day and I almost froze my ass off waiting for him to get there.  He only takes a couple minutes to get there after the bell rings.  Usually he talks to his friends for a while before he meets me which is good, I guess.  He needs his friends just like I need mine.  That's why we work together so well.  We both know each other's boundaries and comfort zones along with our needs.

He comes sprinting over to me from across the field.  "Hey, baby."  He pecks me on the lips like he usually does when he sees me.  "How was your day."

We sit down in the grass.  "Oh, it was fine.  I couldn't really concentrate though.  You are so distracting even though you aren't in any of my classes."  I tease.

"How?  It's not my fault I'm so adorable, so you can't stop thinking about my awesome body."  We both laugh.

He says stuff like that all the time.  I know he tells the truth, but he sounds a little cocky sometimes.  It is still pretty funny though because he says it like he is at a formal ball or back in the olden days.  That's why I love him.  We can joke around about stuff like this and nobody gets mad about it.

"Well, that note you gave me and the rose and the ring.  They were super sweet and I promise, I will stay with you forever.  I love you so much!"  He smiles at me and leans in to give me a kiss.

Usually when we kiss after somebody says "I love you" we end up making out.  Unless it is at my house because my father would be super angry if he found out that Dillan and I do more than hold hands and hug.  If he were like a regular father I'd say he is just being overprotective of his little girl and doesn't want her to grow up, but he's not.  In my opinion he is just jealous of my relationship because it is going a lot better than his.  But, that isn't my fault that he fights with her all the time over the stupidest littlest things.

I lay on my back and he continues to kiss me.  He runs his hands along my thighs and through my hair.  I love when he does this, but usually he doesn't do this on school grounds.  This is just a special day, I guess.  I mean he did give me a promise ring and told me he wants to run away together.  It sucks that we have to finish the school year and then possibly go to college before me can "run away" together.  But, I know that he is definitely worth the wait.

--------

Homework sucks.  Teacher's assign way too much of it and I hardly can get any of it done.  Especially when my parents are arguing all the time.  I have my own little desk in my room where I keep all my supplies, but today I have to ask my dad if I can borrow some tape because I ran out yesterday.  Crap I think.  One more thing he can yell at my mom and me for.

I walk out of my bedroom making sure I only have my socks on because my dad doesn't like when I wear shoes.  He says "they are too loud" and "they leave shoe prints everywhere."  He won't even let me wear slippers because in his mind they are just comfy shoes.  I also have to tiptoe so he doesn't think I am mad and stomping.  If he hears my feet at all he believes I am stomping and should be punished for it.

He really makes me mad, but I cover it up well.  I walk down the hall and into the living room where my dad sits, finally finished yelling at my mom, watching television.  He looks calm.  That's is good, but it probably won't last long knowing him.  I approach him slowly and cautiously.  He looks up at me and now I can see his eyes getting madder and madder by the second.  Oh no!!!!! I think.  I better hurry up and ask him already.  Thoughts start racing through my mind scared to death because I know what he is capable of.  I'll just go for it I start telling myself.