Chapter 5

After being in his car for about 15 minutes he pulls up to a McDonalds.  I do not want to eat at all right now.  I'm not hungry at all - I haven't been all week long.  Stress eating is obviously not my thing.  If anything I'm exactly the opposite.  A lot of people think I have an eating disorder, but I don't know where they get that from.  I eat healthy and usually three meals a day, but I guess they don't realize that; which kind of annoys me.

Dillan parks and walks around the car to open my door for me.  I love how he is such a gentleman even at the worst of times.  Our hands entwined as we walk in the entrance; him still somehow managing to hold the doors open for me.  Disgust is what overcomes me as I smell all the scents by the kitchen.  I'm positive they don't use real meat.  For all I know they use poop inside of their sandwiches (at least that's what it tastes like.)  I have no intention of eating here today or ever, but I will probably have to to make Dillan happy.

"What do you want?  I'll order for you and you can go sit down."  I must've jumped or looked startled because he started laughing at me.

"Hey!  That's not funny, Dil."  I snapped at  him and put on a somewhat serious face before cracking up.  "I just want a salad.  Nothing special.  Ooh and water.  Gotta stay hydrated."  I said mocking him.

"Okay, babe.  I'll be right there.  Go sit down."  He pecks me on the lips and then I go pick out a table.

I walk all the way to the back corner and slide in the far side of the booth.  I see him ordering and can tell the lady working isn't that good at her job because he says my order about 3 times before he finally orders his meal.  He grabs the water bottle off of the counter and his large drink cup.  He fills up his cup and walks over to the booth scotting in next to me.  He puts the drinks on the table hugging me tightly afterwards.  I just turned and snuggled my head into his neck, smelling his perfume and trying to hold back the tears.

"386"  A number was yelled out by the same lady who took our order.  "386."

"That's us."  Dillan lets me go and gets up off the bench.  "Be right bad, Meg."

While he walks up to the counter I start thinking.  Don't ask me what I am thinking about because honestly I have no clue.  I am thinking about nothing, but at the same time I am thinking about everything possible.  Dillan starts walking back and I snap out of it quickly, but not quickly enough apparently.

Dillan sits down after putting the tray on the table and hugs me again.  "It's okay.  I promise, everything will be okay.  Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but it will be okay eventually and I will be right by your side through all of it."

"Do you mean it?" I ask feeling a stream of tears falling down my face.

"Of course I mean it."

"Do you really want me to have this promise ring?  Will you really marry me someday?"

"Yes, Megan.  I love you so so much.  I want you to have this promise ring until I can give you a real engagement ring so you can be mine forever.  I know forever sounds like a long time, but I wouldn't mind spending it with you."

"You know how many times I've heard that in the movies?"  I giggle.

"I know.  I'm so cheesy."

"I've noticed."  

We both start laughing.  I get my salad and start poking around at it after putting a ton of french dressing on it.  By the time I have eaten about 1/4 of it Dillan is already done with his double cheeseburger and moving on to his fries.  I'm not hungry at all, but I am eating to make him happy.  If I didn't he would be really curious and worried about me which I don't want at all.

After being at this place for another half hour I am finally done eating.  He grabs the tray with all the trash and throws it in the garbage near the exit.  Walking right behind him I grab onto his shirt to give him a hint to slow down.  He always walks fast and with my short legs it is hard for me to keep up.  Instead of just slowing down he completely stops and smashes his lips onto mine.  It takes me about a second to process it and actually kiss him back.  My day was officially made.  

A minute later he pulls back, breathing heavy.  "What was that for?"  I ask him, smiling.

"I love you, Megan.  I never want to lose you.  Ever.  Please please please remember that for me.  Please?"

"I will remember that."  A smile spread on his face from ear to ear.  "I love you, Dillan.  I always have.  From the first time I saw you 'til now.  I have always loved you and I will love you until the day I die.  I promise you that."

With that he grabs me by the waist and we walk out of the doors to the car. He opens the door up for me like usual and hurries to get in and start the car.  He peels out of the parking lot and we head to his house.  Right at the moment I feel fearless, like nothing can stop me.