smut

the time is 5:05 am. i am just about to sleep.

as of today, it's been a little over two months since i first moved in. i'm sprawled across my bed as i scroll through my phone, wanting nothing more than to stay here in this position again as soon as i wake up.

obviously, the universe won't let me have that.

i hear the sound of paper, and i instantly know it came from underneath my door. at 5 am? really?

"what does he want now?" i mumble to myself.

nope. i'm not going to look at it. it's probably one of luke's dirty notes again and i'm in no mood for that.

he always slides in dirty notes under my door when he's bored, and i never entertain them. today is no exemption. i guess he does it when he feels bored or something, because they come at the most random times.

luke has been consistently like this over the course of two months. dirty notes here and there, winking at me whenever we'd cross paths, and never failing to blatantly eye me from head to toe whenever he'd see me. when he's feeling extra cocky that day, he'd even play with his lip ring as he does.

but that's not all. he's also consistent in bringing and picking up my laundry for me. he always stands right outside my door, on the dot.

on the other hand, he's also consistent in saying his sexual jokes and trying to smooth talk with me any chance he gets. whether i'm running late for work, whether he's the one going to work, or whether he has another girl right next to him. he'd never fail to say something that can either make my cheeks turn red, or make me feel downright appalled.

he's consistent in calling me by just rosie, in a certain tone and octave that makes it sound like it's the sweetest two syllables he's said in his life.

also consistent in calling me all his different nicknames for me, even the really cringy and inappropriate ones.

also consistent in lowering the volume of his speakers when he knows i'm about to sleep.

also consistent in bringing different women home almost every night, but what's new?

but he's also consistent in walking in the cafe i work in everyday, without fail, just to say hello.

"what do you want from me?" i sigh, looking over at the piece of paper near my door.

deciding that i really am i no mood for anything luke related, i set my phone aside, and close my eyes. this is starting to stress me out even if it shouldn't, so it's time to sleep and wake up at noon.

•••

i wake up, then check the time on my phone, yawning as i do so. 5:13 pm. this is what happens when i don't set an alarm.

12 hours of sleep. amazing luv.

i turn my lampshade on since it's already a bit dim in the room, and my eyes immediately focus on the piece of paper near my door. is it time to face my demons?

but my day has been so peaceful so far, with me just sleeping and nothing else. do i really want to read what's on the paper and possibly stress myself out again?

i get up groggily, then rub the sleep out of my eyes. i sigh as i walk over to the piece of paper, deciding to just pick it up, not yet deciding if i should read it or just throw it out.

i make my way to the bathroom and pull my sweats down. i sit on the toilet bowl, and decide to just get it over with and read it, just to see what it's about. i have to squint as i read, because his handwriting is like a child's.