condom

the constant knocking on my door wakes me up, causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

i glance at the clock on my bedside table, feeling more irritated after seeing the time.

"who the fuck knocks at two in the morning?" i grumble, glaring at the door. the person behind it is still knocking relentlessly.

i get up from bed, already having a really good guess as to who this person could be.

there's only one person i know who could be bold enough to wake someone up at a time like this.

and of course tonight is one of those nights i chose to wear a fucking silk nightdress i bought from victoria's secret.

sighing once more, i grab my robe and wrap it around my body, starting to grow more and more annoyed at the non-stop knocking.

i march over to the doorway, ready to scream at him, and swing the door open.

"what?" i say once i get full sight of him, "do you have any idea what time it is? i have the morning shift today, luke, so this better be fucking worth it because if not, i swear to god, i'm going to switch apartments and move far away from you. you're the only person on this planet who knocks at two in the morning, and trust me, if i get fed up, i'm leaving this place."

"princess," he says, taking a step towards me, "are you done?"

he seems unphased at everything i just said as he gazes at me.

"yeah, i am," i huff, "what do you want, luke? is it an emergency? do you need "inspiration" again before you take care of business?"

he chuckles at this, and looks at me as though i'm really entertaining him. he opens his mouth to speak, and something about the twinkle in his eye makes me think he's about to say something he knows will catch me off guard.

"you."

"huh?" i answer, watching him take a step closer towards me.

"i said," he says softly, "i want you."

he's stepped forward and i've stepped backward so much that we're now fully inside my apartment, far from the doorway.

"wh-what do you mean?" i say, watching as he brings a finger up.

i feel my breath hitch as he uses it to untie the silk ribbon of my robe, his eyes not leaving mine.

"what are you doing?" i whisper, right before the tie becomes undone, revealing my nightdress underneath.

he eyes what i'm wearing underneath, "pretty." he mumbles.

he looks up again so our eyes meet, and brings a hand up to one of my shoulders, pulling that side of my robe down.

"what are you doing?" i repeat, feeling as though my heart can leap out of my chest every time his skin he touches mine.

"rosie," he mumbles, looking just as hypnotized as me, "i need you."

"what do you mean you need me?" i ask again as he slips off the other side of my robe. it falls on the floor entirely, leaving me in just my nightdress.

"can i do that, rosie?" he says, leaning in, "need you?"

i close my eyes as he leans closer, and he's so close that i feel his lips hovering above mine.

"i need you, rosie."

before the gap between us can close entirely, i wake up with a jolt at the continuous knocking on my door.