Chapter 7- The School

As I had expected I got a lot of curious stares and some even not interested looks too. And the weird thing was  some of them were even directed to the people I was walking in with.

"Don't worry. You'll get used to it." Adrian patted my shoulder.

"Used to what exactly?"

"The overwhelming feeling of being our sidekick."Adrian smirked. 

"Don't you have a class to get to?"Jason shoved Adrian off in what I guess was his class.

"Don't mind him. He's an idiot." Jason said while he showed me the way to the admissions room.

Upon our arrival at the admissions desk, the lady gave a small nod to Jason which Jason politely returned with a smile.

"Good morning kids. What can I do for you?" the lady said.

"We-" Jason started but I cut him off. I didn't exactly need Jason's lead in everything so I politely took a step forward and started by introducing myself.

"Good Morning Ma'am. My name is Jessica Hayden and today's my first day, so I was hoping you can give my schedule." I ended with my smile. I looked at Jason who had an amused expression on his face.

"Ah! The New York girl. God knows why you girls bother to be so good when we all know what kind of evil spawns of satan you are. Anyways here you go and please hurry the bell is about to ring." She handed me a piece of a paper and turned around and went through the doors behind her.

What the hell just happened? I looked at Jason and the amused expression was now replaced by I-cannot-control-my-laughter any longer. My mouth flung open and I felt like a 3 year old on an adult joke which I totally don't understand.

"Care to explain?" I crossed my arms and tapped my foot but before I could hear his reply the bell rung through the corridors.

"I will later. Cmon now. You have English first. Good thing I have advanced Algebra which is next door to your room. Follow me." Jason started leading the way again.

I looked around and saw juniors and probably seniors scurrying off to their classes. Jason before entering through a door pointed to the one right next to it.

"That's you. If you need anything just holler. Good Luck." He smiled and went inside.

The corridor had cleared out almost completely. I took a deep breath and self-consoled myself that this year is going to be different. It is going to be about good impressions and yeah that's it good impressions. I took a deep breath again and again and again and before anyone could think that I was doing yoga or anything I pushed the door and entered the class.

The class well it was different from my earlier classes at New York but it somehow seemed a little lively. There were caked up bitches somewhere in the corner, some goofy kids at the first row and some my kind of people around the third row so that's where I decided to head but the only major thing that was different than my school in New York was that every kid literally every kid stopped moving upon my arrival. Just stopped moving like they were doing the mannequin challenge or something. So I decided to give a little wave on which most of the kids gave a smile except the girls in the corner who went gushing and giggling about something.

I walked forth to the third row and stood near a girl who looked kind of scary in some way with all the piercings in her face and all the tattoos.

"Hey. I'm Jessica and I was wondering if I could sit he-." Before I could finish the girl cut me off with a rude remark.

"Keep Walking." And that was that. So before I could reply to her uninvited sass a girl behind her spoke up.

"Don't bother. She a little you know. Anyways you can sit here." She pointed to the desk beside her.