The War is Near

Dipper's P.O.V.

After the little talk we had we left the RV and started training. JJ took Mabel to master hand to hand because she talks to animals for crying out loud, there's not much to do there. I started using my head, literally, to lift objects and throw them at targets I made. I picked up a few rocks with my mind and threw them towards the bulls-eye.

"Oh, you were so close to hitting the white on the outside. You missed the target completely." Pacifica said mocking me.

"Oh shush, I'm getting used to it, besides you can't say anything because you've had practice with Pig Latin before. I've never had practice throwing things with my mind." I argued back.

"You have a point but still, all you had to do was at least hit the target. Stand back and I'll show you how it's done." I stepped away a little and watched what she was about to do. "Ireballfay." A fireball engulfed her hands. "Argettay ightedsay." She looked at the center of the target. "Aunchlay." She launched the fireball and hit the target dead center. "Impressed yet."

"I was impressed when you revived me." I stood there with my mouth wide open in awe.

"Close your mouth hon, you don't want flies flying into your mouth."

I closed my mouth and I sat down again and tried it myself. I closed my eyes and focused on yet another rock around me. I imagined the target about 15 feet away, with a wind speed blowing away from me at about 5 miles per hour, and the center of the target being 4 feet and 5 inches higher than ground level. I threw the rock and I heard a thunk. I opened my eyes and saw the rock was sticking in the center of the bulls-eye and it was stuck.

"Not bad Dipper, not bad."

"Thank you, it wasn't hard after I put my mind to it. Now let's see if i can pick up heavier objects." I focused on a tree that I was leaning against and tried to pick it up, I could hear the leaves rustling and birds flying away chirping. I felt the tree bark rise with my shirt getting stuck but just stopped the tree from rising any more.

I could feel sweat run down my face and myself breathing heavily. I took the shirt and moved it away from the tree and continued lifting the tree. I then raised it above the rest of the trees and threw it as hard as I could. What I didn't expect was that it went about a mile away.

"Wow, you're getting better Sir Dippingsauce." I knew that voice, knew it my whole life.

"Mabel would you leave me alone, at least I can control objects with my mind, all you can do is talk to animals."

"Oh yeah, army of the birds, attack." Then birds left and right started dive bombing their way towards me. I used my mind to pick up a stick and started defending myself from the birds. "Army of the squirrels, attack." Squirrels now came after me.

After about 20 minutes of defending myself from forest critters, they finally pinned me to the ground. I dropped the stick and started panting for air. "Ok Mabel, you win. But that was amazing."

"You critters go back to your normal lives and thanks for helping me prove my brother that talking to animals is the coolest." The animals left the area and I was still laying down tired from all the fighting. "Need help bro-bro"?

"Yes please." She extended her hand and I grabbed it pulling myself up.

"That was impressive, both of you." We looked and saw JJ leaning against a tree. "Great arrangement of attack Mabel, and Dipper, fantastic way to combine both martial arts and your telekinesis."

"Thanks JJ, it was only right for the birds to attack from the sky first and have other animals attack around the ankles, I knew after a while that it would get to him."