(I Don't Need You To) Set Me Free

Zoro stared, unmoving, into the cab of her car. He examined it, searched it with his eyes for anything hidden that might later come to harm him, but could only see the large, leather handbag that rested between the front seats.

He sniffled from the cold, then nodded his head towards the bag.

"What's in that?"

"A gun," she said, smile unwavering. "Sig Sauer. It's not for you, though."

Her words did little to ease his mind, but he found that to be believable; she didn't seem the type to try and deceive him that way. If she were going to shoot him, she'd be honest about it, at least.

Or, that's what he liked to think, anyway.

Still he hesitated, shifting his weight from foot to foot as he weighed his options.

He had no idea what she wanted from him or what would happen to him if he got in the car. There was no way of knowing- not until he did, a thought that chilled him more fiercely than the night air did. Stepping closer to the car, he put a hand to the hood and used it to balance himself as he stuck his head inside to see if there was anyone hidden in the backseat.

Ignoring the way the cold metal of the car stung his hand, he saw that there was no one else inside. It was just him and Robin- and whatever she wanted from him.

"Please don't make me ask twice, Bodyguard."

Her voice was quiet but stern, forcefully imploring him to heed her words and enter the vehicle. Chewing on the inside of his mouth, Zoro met her cool, calculating eyes with his own, trying his damndest to judge whether or not this was a situation he could escape should it turn sour.

He couldn't think of one, but got in the car anyway.

Despite how uncomfortable the situation was, he found that the atmosphere within the car was the exact opposite. It was warm; almost inviting, even, as the heat seeped gently through the vents directed at him. The seat itself was even heated, and was soft as he sat himself upon it. Classical music was softly playing on the radio as he closed the door and Robin began to drive.

Neither of them spoke immediately until Zoro turned to her and asked, "Where're we going?"

"Home," she said with a calculated air of ambiguity.

Puzzled, Zoro frowned.

"Yours or mine?" he asked slowly, trying to relax into the fine leather seating as she drove, picking up speed as they slowly made their way out of the downtown area. "And why?"

"Yours," Robin said with an easy smile. "I'm afraid I wasn't entirely honest when I said there wasn't anything for you in the bag."

At that, Zoro tensed and immediately went on the defensive, pushing his entire form against the door and keeping his hand on the handle in case he needed to evacuate, glad at least that he was smart enough to not have buckled in. To his annoyance, she laughed at his behaviour and gestured towards the bag.

"I invite you to find out for yourself what it is, Bodyguard."

"I have a name," Zoro snapped as he stared at the bag with trepidation. "Don't guess that matters to you, though."

Robin didn't reply; just kept smiling.

Staring at the bag, he wondered what could be inside it that she wanted him to see and why she was offering it to him so freely if her pistol was in there, too. Curiosity getting the best of him, he quickly reached out and snatcheed the bag into his lap before she could make a grab for it herself. She laughed softly, but he ignored it as he hesitantly stuck his hand inside.