Prologue

Our contract ended after this event in LA. Not only were we super stressed, but we haven't even practiced for it. For the past six months, we traveled across the country to participate in many gaming competitions. We won some.  And lost some. Our YouTube channel had reached 200,000 subscribers and they all support us. But we only have five hours before we compete. 

I laced up my shoes then stood and tugged at the silky team shirt that I was wearing. Deep breathes filled the hotel room. We all were getting ready. This could make or break us. I stood up and noticed the others. Travis twiddled his fingers as he sat on the edge of the bed. Logan who sat in the chair near the tv, watching a YouTube video. And last but not least, my boyfriend Alex, who was packing up our suitcase. No one talked. 

"Alright guys. It's time," Alex says to break the tension. We stood, grabbed our controllers and passes, and left to create our future. 

While walking to the arena, we came across some venues that other major clans were having meet and greets. A red and blue tent came into my vision and I looked at it. A logo was printed on it. Faze Clan. We stood in line to get registered. Alex grabbed my hand and laced his fingers with mine. I looked back towards the Faze tent and saw a few guys standing with fans. One was tall and lanky. He was wearing a hat. The other was shorter about 5'10 and he had a great beard. He smiled while talking to the taller guy. I stared at him and eventually he looked at me. His smile grew bigger. I blushed and turned away.

"Numa Clan is checked in and ready to go," I heard a worker say. A few of the officials checked our controllers to make sure they had no enhancements. Above the arena a giant tv hung at the entrance. Our team name and pictures glowed up on the screen. Before we were about to enter, I looked back again and saw the bearded guy and his friend walking towards us. He looked at me again as if he wanted to chat before I played. But it was too late. It was time.  As the announcer introduced us and the opposing team I couldn't stop thinking about that guy. We eventually sat down at our stations. Alex leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. 

"Lets win," he whispered. I nodded. I was nervous. While the officials were reading the rules, I looked past my monitor and focused in on the crowd. I scanned it and  eventually stopped. My heart race. The guy was in the audience. His eyes were on me. He motioned for me to take a deep breathe. I did. And he nodded. 

Let's just say he changed my life forever.