Three

"Angela. I need three pumps of chocolate in this coffee," one of my coworkers said. She forcefully handed me the drink and I did what I was told. I couldn't remember her name. Lindsey? I couldn't remember quick enough so I just handed it back to her silently. My first week of work has been alright, except for memorizing all the different combinations of coffees. I myself have never been an addict for this drink, so I thought it would be a good job. The pay was decent and you make tips. The only real disadvantage is waking up at 7:30 most days for my shifts. As more customers swarmed, I became overwhelmed with orders. Some where easy. Others were difficult and it took me longer to find their requested orders. I've always had a job. Even when I traveled. Back in Indy, I worked at a pizza joint and at a movie theater. I like the sense of earning the money. It motivated me. 

"We need more cups and lids. Wanna go grab them?" One of my co workers said. I nodded onwards him and walked back to the supply room. On a shelf on a back wall, boxes laid. I scanned them. I adjusted my hat while sighing. If I were cups and lids, where would I be? I began sorting through boxes until I found what I was looking for. 

"Took you long enough?" Jack hissed. He took them out of my arms.

"Sorry. I didn't know which box to look through."

He said nothing and went to refill the dispensers. As nine o'clock rolled around, it slowed because everyone was already at work. I found it a nice opportunity to grab a rag and wipe down the counter tops that had dried up coffee, sugar, and milk. The door opened and a nice breeze swept through the store. I didn't bother looking up, already knowing that it was just a costumer. I glanced up to him.  The first thing I noticed was his eyes. They were brown but yet warm and caring. 

"I'd like to place an order," he smiled. His voice was gruff. Maybe he talks a lot? I smiled and leaned over to the register. He ordered three drinks to go. As he swiped his card to pay he stared at me. Then down at my name tag.

"Angela is nice name." He smiled again. Why is he being so nice. 

"Thank you. What's your name sir?" 

He didn't answer and he went to sit down at one of the tables. Ok then, I thought. I'll just put Dummy as your name then. While I was making his simpler drink, I could feel him staring at me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him sitting there with his pointer finger in his mouth, smirking through it. What is this guys problem? As his drinks were finishing I noticed his nice fade and trimmed beard. I grabbed this three drinks, put them into a carrier and walked over to him. I almost fell as my apron got stuck on the edge of the counter.

"Careful there sunshine," he muttered. 

He stood and met me halfway. He wasn't much taller than me. Standing at about 5'10, he could but his head on mine with ease. Wait. Why am I thinking about this? I shook my head. I pulled out a marker.

"I need your name." I said with a smirk. Before I could even react, he grabbed the drinks and walked off, but not without slipping a tip into my apron.

"That information is classified." 

He walked out the door with a giant grin on his face. 

As the day progressed not much changed. It got busy around 3:00. But when 5:00 came, I immediately clocked out. While making my way to the back room, I undid my apron and hung it on the hook next to the shelf. I was about to leave when I remembered the tip that guy gave me. I stuffed my hand in the pocket and pulled out the tip. I didn't even look at it, just shoved I in my pocket. The walk home was nice. All I needed was a light jacket. The stars shinned. Within ten minutes, I reached home. Once inside I stripped down to shower. The warm water felt nice against my skin. I threw my clothes into the hamper and emptied out my jeans. The tip was a twenty dollar bill. I laughed. 

Thanks mystery man.