Chapter 3 - The war

Year X321, Duveldendragon

Zelda was about to finish training new warriors. He didn't want to get into a war with the same kind as he is, but had to, to protect those he cares about. At that time, Gold was praying. Praying to the heavens. As she prayed she whispered "Oh mighty heavens, please let us win this war and bring peace to the dragon world. I am willing to make a sacrifice for you. Just protect those I love and care about". And just then Zelda came flying and shouted "They are starting to invade the kingdom!". Gold stood up and said "Well, this brings back memories" and they both flew straight to the enemies' army. Immeadiatly Gold got on her berserk form and killed about a thousand dragons of the opposing army. Zelda used his secret technique and poisoned the enemies. They both are tired. Reinforcments come and they can finally rest. Suddenly, Zelda collapses.

-Zelda!!!

Gold screams and runs to him. He's breathing heavilly, as if he was poisoned. Then, Zirra's soul appears, as it has been doing for the past few years and explains everything to Gold.

-He is indeed poisoned, Gold. It's the side effects from his secret technique. Milions of enemies get poisoned, but the he has to pay his life. He will, hoever, survive if true love of his appears. If the dragon he truly loves, loves him back, he will live, until that dragon lives.

-How do I know, who he loves?

-A long time ago, that would have been me. But I am dead now. I know who that dragon is, but you have to figure it out on your own. Until next time.

-Zirra wait!

But Zirra wanishes. Gold looks at Zelda. She grabs him and starts carrying him to the palace. She collapses on her way there. She's still concious, but can't move.

-Well, I never thought we would meet again, little drake. And this time it is you, that's carring Zelda.

Gold looks up and sees Purehito. Never ever she thought she would meet that frightening dragon again.

-Come on, give me Zelda, I'll help you.

She takes Zelda from Gold's back, puts him on her back and supports Gold while they are walking to the palace. When they get there, servants imeadiatly take Zelda and Gold, and seize Purehito. Then Gold stops them.

-Stop. She is my guest.

Purehito whispers "I ove you this one". Gold and Zelda are being carried to theyr room, while Purehito to the guest rooms. She gets all comfy and falls asleep. Gold is laying down next to Zelda. She keeps thinking, when hears Zelda saying "You are the dragon I love". She turns to him, sees his eyes open and a smile. That's right. Gold loves him. And he loves Gold. She is starting to get up, but Zelda pushes her down. "Stay with me a little longer". "Okay". They both fall asleep.

*Next Morning*

"Did we win?" were the first words Zelda said this morning. "No idea." Gold replied. They go to the kitchen and see Purehito with two draggies there. "Who are they?" Gold asks. "They are my draggies, Sora and Ligh." Purehito says. "I see. Are you hungry?" Gold offers. "We are! And we can't find any food here!" Purehito exclaims. "Oh that's because we have to hunt each morning. That's how we keep the food fresh. Usually it's the job of the king and the queen." Zelda explains. "Want to join?" Gold adds. "Let's do this mom!" Sora shouts. "Yeah!" Ligh roars too. "Alright. Fine." says Purehito not so exitedly.

words : 589