Chapter 7

Daisy's P.O.V
That's it, I've had enough. I'm going next door to his place to find out why suddenly he has become a girl who just got her heart broken and doesn't want to meet anyone but just eat ice cream and stay in her room all day. Although that's a very interesting way to deal with a heart break. Well that was a heck of a thought. I'll just go. I quickly get up off of the sofa and slip on my vans.

"Mum, I'm going next door!"

I shut the door and head over next door after hearing my mum's reply. I softly knock on the door waiting for someone to open it. The weather is so nice today and that little Charles is hiding inside... well not little.... very big.... wow that just sounds so wrong.

"Are you thinking about my brother?"
What!!

"No Ash, what makes you think that?"
Ash folds her hands and leans against the door frame clearly amused.

"Then explain the blush on your cheeks"

"Oh no it's just very hot you know" I said waving may hands around to emphasise my point.

"You really think I'm going to believe you, Daisy, I can read you like a book and yea don't bother to tell me you weren't thinking about my brother because you were!" Ash replies with sass

"Ash, fine I was ok, clam your farm!!" I replied in embarrassment.

"YESSS! I knew it! I knew my blush instincts never lie." She replied fist pumping in the air.

"Blush instincts, really, where did u get that from." I said confused

"Whatever now come in."

I walked inside, looking around the room in search of Charles.

"Charles is not home, just saying."

Oh

"I wasn't looking for him" I said

"You saying that just gives it away that you were" Ash replied snickering.

I mentally face palm myself!

"Well where did he go?" I ask

"Well his friend wasn't  feeling well so he went to visit him outside of Sydney."

"When is he going to be back?" I asked in disappointment.

"I didn't think you were the detective type." Ash says with a smirk. "But I like it, anyways he said he was coming back...

Before Ash could finish the sentence, the door burst open.

A very hot but confused and pissed Charles walks into the room.

"DAD, DAD, DAD, MUM, MUM, James is dead!" Charles screamed

"OMG Charles, that's so sad isn't it Daisy?" Ash says giving Charles a stern look.

Charles then changes his facial expression as if he just realised something. "Oh hey Dimplecheeks, um... how's it going?" Charles said scratching his neck.

Wow.... Charles that was really smooth

"I'm fine Charles but you don't look fine, I'm sorry to hear that your friend passed away. Hopefully you recover soon." Charles and Ash are clearly hiding something from me and I need to find out.

"We are not hiding anything from you Daisy." Charles says

What how does he know?

"What, I never said that you were hiding anything from me!" I replied getting even more curious by the second.

"Charles, why don't you go upstairs and get yourself cleaned right and I'll talk to Daisy ok bye, see you later!" Ash says shoving Charles towards the staircase.

What the hell is going on in the Clayton family???!! I'm so curious.

"Ash, are you hiding something from me?" I ask sternly while placing my hands on my hips.

"No Daisy! I'm not hiding anything, why don't we go to Westfields and shop yea?!" Ash says

"Ash don't change the subject, please just tell me what you are hiding!" I say getting frustrated by the second.

"Daisy, I'll ask Charles ok and then I'll talk to you, why don't you go back while I go and confront Charles?" Ash replies

"Fine but you better tell me and I won't forget this, later Ash." I say as I walk towards the door.