3. Only got eyes for you

Only got eyes for you:
My eyes used to scan the crowd for you.
To try and find you before you found me.
But now that i don't want to seek you out...
My eyes can find you everywhere i turn.
And it hurts to see that you stopped looking for me.
Because no matter how hard i try...
My eyes continue to look for you.

I gave up looking for him in the school's hallways because he had a girlfriend. I always knew it, in the back of my mind, but now I knew for sure, and it kind of hurt. Especially because of our past. 

Oh. Right.

Kyrin and I have a past. 

Surprised? I mean, I just moved here, do I really seem to be the person that falls in "love at first sight?" Come on, after all this time you've got to know me better than that. 

Oh. My. Gods. You thought this was going to be one of those stories? Boy am I sorry to let you down. 

In any case, he used to be my neighbor- I know, so typical right?- and when my mom first sent dad out of the house, they fostered me. Mom had deemed Dad unfit to parent, but she left me home alone for a two month trip to the Bahamas, and he didn't have a place to stay yet. So, Kyrin's family fostered me for two months. Then, mom came home, with a new husband. Hubby number two. After that, we moved. To a whole new state. Virginia.

So then, 2 years later, with the divorced of hubby number two, we moved again. We moved to California to live with soon-to-be hubby number three. And this is where we are now. Considering her current standing with hubby three, we will most likely be moving again soon. I don't want to move, which is why- the main reason anyways- I'm going to ask Jack to 'adopt' me.

Dad had moved here a long time ago, and Mom never knew that, and so I was happy to move here, to Haight street. Which sucks. Drug dealers on every corner. Whore houses in every 'apartment complex' This is why I always go to Dad's house. Mom eventually found out he lives here and she just accepted it. Now it's our thing- like I mentioned before.

Gosh, I went so far off track. Uh, okay... Kyrin's family raised me for two months, two years ago when I was a geek. I moved away. I moved again, and he had moved to the same place somewhere along that timeline. We now attend the same high school. Again.

Alright. That's it. Those are my thoughts. Now I'll go back to what was happening.

"Hey sweetheart!" Dad said when i walked in the door.

"Hi Dad." I said slowly. Carefully. "I think I'm just going to lay down and catch some z's."

"Alright, I'm going to start dinner soon, you gonna come down?" That was when Jack walked in crookedly. 

Remember how I said we were both responsible drinkers? Yeah... I meant me, just me. I'm the only responsible drinker in this family, the whole family. "Oh." Dad muttered dejectedly. "Well, I'm just going to..." And Jack fell down.

"Yeah." I said and snuck up the stairs to my room. I pulled out my notebook from the board under the floor and began writing the poem I thought of in the restaurant. When i finished i walked into my closet and changed into pajamas. Laying on the chaise, i heard my phone ding right before my eyes finally shut. Who would text me? Not Mom, surely... so...

Oh no.

+1-(707)-315-6627*: Hey, this is Kyrin, I think we met on the bus earlier... Um, yeah. Text me if I caught you.

Me: yah u got meh, sup maen

I saved his number in my phone and added a photo from the school website, just until I get a real picture of him- no big deal. Thinking for a few seconds, I quickly turned off the read receipts, I remember reading somewhere that when texting someone you like with read receipts on it's a recipe for disaster if you just started talking... hmm... I wonder if-